NEUS Projects

Full Version: Shine Swood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings ladies and gents, I present to you the SHINE SWORD it comes with a price of some two in willpower and faith, On Hit light attack damage and a potential skill to call upon THE GODS THEMSELVES AND DAWN THE ARMOR OF THE ALMIGHTY SHINE KNIGHTS basically become the antithesis of the Death Knighting form Hexers.
[attachment=232]

Now, this would all be good and dandy, but the scaling is actually pretty bad all things considered.

[attachment=231]

As you can see the scaling is fucking shit, 35% in strength, will, and faith. That's really bad especially since it's an eight-star weapon and one of the few strength faith weapons, in terms of a sword, there's the Moonblade, but that's also bad. Anyways, just to prove my point I made a few tests, this first one is 40/40/40 strength, faith, and will. (And yes, we'll be using an iron mat for the Shine Sword and just upgrading the power up by six as it's the only thing to affect the SWA at the time)

[attachment=230]

At two hands this raises up to 86, that's just absolutely abysmal and at 80/80/80 str, faith, will you can get 121, with two hands. Right, so shit, here's my idea.

We change the scaling to fit the bill more, I'm thinking 60/50 strength-faith. It'll fit the theme of the sword and the potential and it won't be too strong and we won't have another Sogensara, although 60-60 strength faith scaling isn't bad either, let's make a discussion about this.
I do agree in that the scaling could be a bit better. I propose that it gets a treatment similar to the one Deadly Smile had and it gets 50/50 split scaling. A few options:

A) 50% STR/FAI
B) 50% WIL/STR
C) 50% WIL/FAI
D) Alternatively, 60% STR 40% FAI
E) 60% FAI 40% STR
The scaling is a little underwhelming I personally would like to see the scaling change to something like 60% FAI 40% STR or 50% STR 50% FAI as imo they seem to fit best with it's theme. But I'm leaning more towards 60% FAI 40% STR because Setsuna already scales with 50% STR/FAI.
Considering how utterly underused this weapon is, I'd edge to a 60/60 STR/FAI scaling, but otherwise, I'm all for a scaling change. Shine Sword is practically nonexistent for the sole reason of its scaling being so poor.
All two stat mixed weapons should be 60/60

all three stat mixed weapons should add to a total of 120-140%.
I wouldn't place it at 50/50 STR/FAI as it would go around too much of Setsuna's area.
60/40 STR/FAI or vice-versa sounds better to me.
We don't really have a WIL-based sword that cannot be used as a casting tool. So I personally vouch for a more unique scaling of 60 WIL/40 FAI.
The scaling is really poo yes. The weapon already gives +4 stats however, does Light ATK on hit, and on top of that the weapon potential gives you +5 stats to everything, along with passives which is reaaally strong for a weapon potential. It's craftable, so there's easy access. So a 60/60 or 60/50 scaling is just overdoing it honestly.

I'd argue for 60/30 STR/FAI at the worst, and 60/40 STR/FAI at the best.
I agree that the Shine Sword's scalings make it hard to build for due to needing a large amount of STR, WIL and FAI. I'd like to see a 30 STR/70 FAI split (basically just shifting the WIL into extra FAI). I don't think that'd be overbearing considering we already have the Monk Priest's Staff with the same scaling.
Most of the scaling suggestions here are fine. Personally, I find 60 STR/FAI or even 60 WIL/FAI to be both really good scalings; anything to bring Shine Sword out of that miserable scaling it has right now.
Pages: 1 2