NEUS Projects

Full Version: Multi-Element Builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any interest in making builds with 9+ "main" elements?
I was interested in making a character like that. Understanding of multiple domains is a simple way to show your character is a researcher or a studious mage of some sort.
The main problem is that there aren't a lot of items to help those kind of characters other than Chimeric Bands, so I'd like to request some additional support like a tome(and potentially Fists for similar reasons) intentionally geared for such build.
There are ways to do it, but it wouldn't be efficient. It shouldn't be. That item would be insanely powerful, yes. I don't think anything like this needs to happen.
Anything like this would have to have some big downside to it to make it balanced. Would be a neat idea though.
Noxid post_id=35866 time=1553627187 user_id=457 Wrote:Anything like this would have to have some big downside to it to make it balanced. Would be a neat idea though.
Having to do such a unorthodox build with all stats is already punishment enough, hypothetically.

A all-rounder build shouldn't need a big downside to it, though. It simply doesn't fit.
Luminary Element. Now you don't need to all-rounder your stats, just pump will and you're good.
DoctorMad post_id=35867 time=1553629674 user_id=1963 Wrote:
Noxid post_id=35866 time=1553627187 user_id=457 Wrote:Anything like this would have to have some big downside to it to make it balanced. Would be a neat idea though.
Having to do such a unorthodox build with all stats is already punishment enough, hypothetically.

A all-rounder build shouldn't need a big downside to it, though. It simply doesn't fit.

I thought the whole point of the item your suggesting was that it would let you change starsign which combined with luminary element would let you use any element without building bad stats.
a true 'mage' only has to build for Earth/fire/air/ice and lightning ( and sometimes dark and water if hexer.)

In my opinion its not hard to build 50+ elemental attack in 4+ elements
You can sort of do this already with destiny Mage (or whichever combination you want) and 50 Aptitude combined with high Will + the elements of your choosing + 2 Tomes. Which will ultimately give you good control of about 5 elements to 6-7. I don't think adding a tome that changes your starsign is really fair considering no one can just change it on a whim and this would make luminary element combined with this tome pretty much the go to mage build.
Alright, lets just say that Luminary Element is the complete opposite of what I was thinking of when I made this suggestion.
It works pretty much in complete harmony with Luminary though. All you'd need is that, WIL, and the tome and you're set to control all elements.
Pages: 1 2