NEUS Projects

Full Version: True Katana Mastery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about it earlier today and it sounded cool (qt least in my head).

How about adding a second Rank (or an innate requiring you to grab Katana Master first) for Kensei that makes it so if you're dual wielding katanas, all Kensei offensives except Wazabane cost 1 less Momentum?

Essentially the idea is that if you're dual wielding katanas and have the required innate, offensive skills such as Kagekiri, Hirazuki, Raijinken, Sharenzan, Toiken (excepting Wazabane) would be costing 2M to use. But only if you are using two katanas at once.

This is more so a concept for fun that came to mind. The intention would be to:

1. Give people more room with styling as a Kensei
2. Give Kensei an appealing dual wielding route since they currently lack one even as a Destiny Duelist
3. Further encourage dual wielding by making it a little bit more efficient mechanically.
My only problem such is thus, you'd be able to use any movement/Movement skill followed up by any 2 kensei skills, unlike Chimera Style and Combination fighter which do not allow you to do this.

Furthermore if combined with 1 momentum movement you'd be able to trigger 3 Kensei skills per turn, and off of 1m movement you could Auto Crit Crit Auto still.

I'm not fully against the idea but the utility of having action economy like this would far outweigh wanting to 2hand a katana instead as well.
I don't find it a problem, Kensei got hit in the liver pretty hard. I'm all down for having Katana Mastery being more significant.

Or even us getting a new Polearm that is subtype Katana. The good old Naginata, a slashing spear.
Snake post_id=35905 time=1553976125 user_id=310 Wrote:I don't find it a problem, Kensei got hit in the liver pretty hard. I'm all down for having Katana Mastery being more significant.

You don't see an issue with being able to winged serpent across the map, jetpack or even backflip into Sidecut > Wazabane with other weapon > Any two Kensei abilities?

What Fern brings up is really good, but when combined with any amount of movement it can be absolutely game changing, thats all I'll say really, imagine a scenario where for some reason Wazabane costs 2m, even if you don't have 1m movement you can simply walk up, Wazabane crit, then hit any 2 kensei abilities.

Kensei did get hit with the short end of the stick I agree, like its almost not even a class anymore comparatively to what Ghost received in turn, if this change takes place it'd infinitely increase their damage potential, which is both good and bad, it definitely sides Kensei with being way more basic and auto based though, a mixed class for sure.
Fern post_id=35903 time=1553969880 user_id=55 Wrote:Essentially the idea is that if you're dual wielding katanas and have the required innate, offensive skills such as Kagekiri, Hirazuki, Raijinken, Sharenzan, Toiken (excepting Wazabane) would be costing 2M to use. But only if you are using two katanas at once.

The bonus wouldn't apply to Wazabane! I accounted for that stuuuuff.
Even without Wazabane in question, the other methods I brought up still hold true, allowing you to very easily pull off 4 hit combos every single turn with methods of moving such as Agile Accel, Winged Serpent, Jetpack, Voidgates.

Every single turn you could be eating Agile Accel/BU WS into Sidecut Sub Attack Rajinken Sharenzan, Kensei autos don't exactly deal bad damage either especially when some katana can hit upward to 115-130 SWA without two hand being brought into question.
I don't think giving this to any class, let alone a duelist class, is something I would like to do. Cheap skills and extra momentum are very, very powerful.