NEUS Projects

Full Version: The Haunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hexers get only two skills that benefit from it.

Dark Invasion - +20% to status infliction with a Cursed / Doomed weapon, that's not a lot. (When the new formula comes in that won't be a problem at all.)

Evil Force - +20 damage max to basic attacks (which is only good for people who use them, which with Hexer's flexibility is a lot of people, but they mostly rely on spells), which is halved if not your main class, so +10, and up to a max of Rank (which is 5 max) for guns. That again, is still not a lot overall.

Nerfing the Hexer skills just because of these reasons makes those skills hardly worth it.

Nine star items are those super special things.

Rebelling is pretty much a way to make shit weapons not shit, that's really it's only usefulness. Otherwise any weapon that actually tried with upgrading and custom parts can match a rebelling weapon, or at the least get close to it and still be viable in combat.

Overall, I don't see any reason curse catalysts shouldn't exist. I've also retracted my statement and feel they should be craftable (but within reason of difficulty and materials, like higher level cores) depending on their effects.
Do I think we should be able to get cursed catalysts: Yes.

Do I feel catalysts in general should be craftable: No. But I also wish their salvage rate was higher to compensate.

Why I feel we should get cursed Catalysts: Some of their effects are very useful, and being completely at the whims of the RNG is garbage. For example, A kensei with a rustic ether wo-dao and that offhand sheath that gives benefits if the main hand weapon is cursed? Good combo. Getting that sheath when all you have is dull galdric parasitic fuumas, or no cursed katana at all? Lame. It makes zero sense to me that we have all the purely positive enchantment catalysts, and no catalysts for the ones with drawbacks.

Why I feel catalysts should not be craftable but should have higher salvage rates: Getting the materials for crafting them are equally RNG based, and just take more time than finding a few weapons until you get lucky. In my own opinion, all the crafting systems could use an overhaul based on the difficulty of getting materials ("Oh, yay, I just did 7 dungeons and I can finally make jam for my toast!&quotWink and I really feel that making enchants just hogs resources you could have used elsewhere, if you could just dismantle things for them.
perhaps chaos's class out of combat skill thread, could make Crafting, and recovering cursed catalysts hexer skills?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3719#p3719 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm[/url]"]perhaps chaos's class out of combat skill thread, could make Crafting, and recovering cursed catalysts hexer skills?

As much as it makes sense. I don't like that at all. Just because you specialize in something doesn't mean you should be the only person to do it. And it'd form a different kind of meta with Hexers that I wouldn't like.

I'd rather leave that to the people who actually work on enchanting and crafting catalysts.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3719#p3719 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm[/url]"]perhaps chaos's class out of combat skill thread, could make Crafting, and recovering cursed catalysts hexer skills?
Natural Skills, you mean.
Though yes, that would be a possibility for Hexers, if the whole 'Natural Skills' idea ever got into the game.

On topic though, yes, there should be catalysts for Cursed/Doomed enchantments, and yes, a good chunk of them should be things you can craft. Making some catalysts like this go off the craft table because 'oh hexers gets bonuses from them' is like saying guns shouldn't be able to get Blessed because they would make good use of the extra accuracy. Making some catalysts like this go off the craft table because 'it should be rare so people can be special' translates to 'the loot tables should drive more people insane for the sake of some people being special' more than anything else. (When the RNG already pisses in everyone's cornflakes, this is an awful idea)

Let's not forget to mention that catalysts are already pressing to craft; you're literally forced to grab cores from five dungeons within specific level ranges and then get some extra materials just to have a shot at one catalyst. (Let's not even mention when someone attempts the craft and fails) That alone should justify any sort of 'it will be too easy' argument.

P.S. Ryu, it would work the same way as Crafting; anyone can do it if they sink the points into it. The only 'exclusive' thing about it is how many people will put any of their points into the skill(s).
I would like curses to have catalysts, either salvage only or craftable, but only if misplaced has a chance to be lost after a PvP loss (that is of it doesn't already, I never really tested it myself or hearing about it happening)
Pages: 1 2