NEUS Projects

Full Version: Coastal Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coastal Cove can spawn black beasts, on top of being a spot un-ideal for the maps generated there (Cliffsides and segregated sections being somewhat common.), it also leads to major interruptions in RP quite often, being that its such an ideal and one of the only public areas for beach RP, I'd prefer it if black beasts couldn't spawn there, possibly by removing it from being considered as Dormeho as a whole.

Not to mention not bringing a geared character for what could be casual beach roleplay could be disastrous when the beasts strike.

I'd like to hear what other people think on the matter too though, just in case it may bother any other people.
Personally I've been of the opinion that Black Beasts are disruptive in general, making the affected towns occupied less often.

This sounds fine to me as a suggestion really, it takes away from the total spawns in Dormeho and not too many people think to look there.
I'm with this change, too. Please.
I personally enjoy it because it brings about RP as Black Beasts are an IC event. It interrupts RP because its actually happening so it makes sense when you really think about it. Aside from that, I enjoy that it offers more scar clean up exp than Tannis since it stretches onto the beach and Tannis is smaller. In my opinion I don't think this is necessary at all. What can be done though is a warning instead that lasts for about a minute or two. Warning every player inside either Dormeho/Beach or Tannis that beasts have been spotted and are about to come. That way you have a chance to leave and avoid dying.
I've heard of cases where people avoid roleplaying in the Black Beast spots simply due to the fact they pop up the beast events. I think an automatic warning that happens in advance to the beast events would be convenient as well.
That could work too, at least gives time to clear out, either option works for me personally.
A warning would be best I think. It's kinda hard to RP when mid typing your post a black beast spawns and back attacks you. At least with a 5 minute warning you and your beach party get hoof it out of there or prepare for combat.
tbh if we remove those from the cove they how are we are gonna defeat Black Beast To reach Seto In the Mountain without the cove to fight them?
Whitender post_id=36041 time=1554854066 user_id=2064 Wrote:tbh if we remove those from the cove they how are we are gonna defeat Black Beast To reach Seto In the Mountain without the cove to fight them?

its not as if the cove adds spawns, there's only a certain number of black beasts allows at once, it just splits up where the spawns in dormeho happen, there wouldn't be any change in the amount of black beasts killed.
I do have a point as of why it shouldn't spawn in Coastal Cove:

Black Beasts in Tannis does not spawn on the Iron Mine, nor the Old War Fortress.