NEUS Projects

Full Version: Bloody Palms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Claret Call LV should be removed from the item and replaced with something else.

The reason is that it seems to be impeding Ghosts to properly use them, when first and foremost, this would be an equipment thematic for them. (As no other class uses Claret Call at 'all'.) Plus, Claret Call is a static 10 bonus damage on basic hits, so I can only think of changing the effect to:

On Hit: Physical Damage inflicts or powers up Lingering Damage by LV UL/4 for 2 rounds.

--May fix them, while making both good for Ghosts and all other classes that previously couldn't use it.
I don't think it should be changed because it has some compatibility issues with Ghost. I think it should be changed because it's too good in general. General damage power up, especially the magic damage bonus, has proven to be a bit too optimal.

I'm not sure how I'll be changing it, but it's been on my list of things to change for a while.
As long as it doesn't scratch off the '10 star item' worth of it, which is absurd effects, I think everybody would be down.

A few more ideas I had too, were:

1-
Quote:Treats your weapon as if Cursed with Bloodsoaked, for the purpose of attracting more monsters only.

Damage done within 1 range of an enemy inflicts Bloodsoaked LV (UL * 2) on both you and damaged enemies for 2 rounds.

(Bloodsoaked targets have their Darkness Resistance, Light Resistance and Status Resistance lowered by 1 + LV%; Bloodsoaked Monsters may also go frenzy, increasing their damage done by LV% and movement by 5, but defeating them may grant bonus EXP and Murai equal to LV%.)
The idea with this one is making an item from Undead, to combat Undead mobs in specific. It's hard to fight them with Darkness, and this may help this case. And also make fights a lot more challenging and rewarding for the people who dare use them.
2-
Quote:Treats your weapon as if Cursed with Bloodsoaked, for the purpose of attracting more monsters only.

Physical damage done inflicts or powers up Claret Call by UL/2 LV, for 2 rounds.
Grants Skill: Rebound
A more gimmicky suggestion, to make users have the 'core of Ghost' while not having the rest of their more important arsenal. Rebound is there just to actually give the player a choice to lose damage and recover some bit of health, as a panic button.
3-

On-Hit: UL*3% chance to splatter cursed blood on your enemy, inflicting Soaked on them for 3 rounds.
On-Critical: UL*3% chance to splatter cursed blood on your enemy's eyes, inflicting Blind on them for 3 rounds.
Even more straightforward and RNG-dependent, but is what I believe a 10*-worthy should be at, on minimum.

PS: Those, if the current effects are completely scrapped. I really don't like Hunted there. And I believe 'Bloodsoaked for purposes of enemy number' should be a new effect, because that's within the theme, to be honest.
And obviously, my personal favorite is the first, the numero one. I like the idea of having a chance to use Darkness against Undead mobs, and since you also suffer the effects from it, that can be a two-edged blade. But if it's bleh to implement, anything other than what it is works too.

As long as it can attract more monsters to the fight, that is. :thinking:
Neus post_id=36280 time=1556103508 user_id=2 Wrote:I don't think it should be changed because it has some compatibility issues with Ghost. I think it should be changed because it's too good in general. General damage power up, especially the magic damage bonus, has proven to be a bit too optimal.

I'm not sure how I'll be changing it, but it's been on my list of things to change for a while.

One of the largest issues I find with bloody palms is that as a hand slot they offer a straight up percentage damage boost, if it were flat it'd be a lot more reasonable or if it only applied to a specific damage type.

Because Bloody Palms provides hunted and not a generic damage up it means that some people run the Chimera War Paint exclusively only to boost up Hunted's lvl from 12 to 17.

I remember you saying a long time ago that you wanted it to be more of a spellblade's tool to use so I'm interested to see what it'll do.

That's my thoughts on bloody palms anyways.
The problem with bloody palms isn't necessarily that they are overpowered it's just that they are a best in slot for most builds meaning they render so many items that could go in that slot useless.
My two pennies here are to suggest removing the Claret part entirely and make the hunted a double-sided blade.

Meaning when you inflict it on someone, they get an equal amount inflicted on you. To really ensure the fight gets bloody.
Chuck on the bloodsoaked thing for monster spawns in PVE, optionally with the bonus exp and murai and whatnot too.