NEUS Projects

Full Version: Vampire Tweak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the lore on the Wiki, it says Vampire blood holds no nutritional value for other Vampires. With that being said, could it be made that Vampires don't give other Vampires any essence upon using Banquet on them?
Sounds like a good change, if very niche.
I think this would be quite wonderful to have. To test for other vampires, just bite'em in the kneecap.
I remember Dev answering in Lore questions, when I asked him what this "Taboo" was about or if it even gives them essence. The answer was it DOES, but it just absolutely against the ethic of the Vampires, like cannibalism, but it does indeed grant them essence.

Quote:Is there any difference between feeding on a vampire and on a mortal?
Not really, though drinking the blood of another vampire is extremely taboo to them. The only exception would be a vampire offering their blood to a starving vampire who could die without it, and even then, it's considered very strange but necessary, and some vampires will just refuse it outright for that reason, even if it results in the other vampire dying.

Also from the Lore questions. Not the one I asked but still kinda answers this here.
The wiki says they dont have focus in their blood but I cannot find the source of dev ever saying that on the forums so I dunno how true it is. And vampire lore does has never matched up with the mechanics. For example you can absorb essence from creatures you shouldn't be able to.
Yeah it's because Essence=/=Focus... Vampires are weird.

But the Wiki is player made anyway, Devs Lore answers in the forum usually outweight those.
But there's a controversy of the Wiki being strictly based on what Dev answers.
Using Ctrl+f in the lore threads is usually the most optimal way to find what you're looking for. This one wasn't difficult to find, with the tag 'Vampire'.

[Image: 3noqdRS.png]
I did search the forums but I couldn't find anything, thanks for that though. So they do have focus in their blood, its just as a result of absorbing it from others.