NEUS Projects

Full Version: [v2.12b] Regarding Felsmanege's Earth Spikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: unknown.png]

This one's not particularly an issue, and so I've decided to bring it up here.
With this post, I'd like to suggest two things in regards to Boxer's Felsmanege's Earth Spikes:
  • The sprite should take precedence over other tile sprites.
  • The sprite should be moved upwards slightly to stand in the middle of the tile.
A rough example of what the second point seeks to accomplish: [Image: unknown.png]
(The image has been edited for referencing purposes and is not an actual in-game image. Left is the intended change, right is how it originally is.)
It would be nice to have the spike itself overlap all over tile effects. However, given you would need to somehow shuffle the spikes into a neighboring tile, I don't think the latter is feasible. We'd see weird clipping, or strange density in those tiles.
Yeah the latter wouldn't be working so easily, they are 32x32 sprites, moving them up one pixel in the icon itself results in the top appearing at the bottom. So you would have to do it via code and rearrange them, which is more tedious for so little effect. or use a bigger base icon size, but still having to rearrange them via code.

I doubt Dev wants to spend time on that.
It's pretty easy to adjust the position of the spikes. My only concern is clarity if they run over into the other tiles. I will change it so it appears above Cinders and etc. though.