NEUS Projects

Full Version: Burst Claw [2.18]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Burst Claw
8 Power | 85% Accuracy | 0% Critical | 6 Weight | Type: Slash
On Hit: Deals magic Fire damage equal to 50% of your Fire ATK, which ignores armor.
On Hit: Consumes Weapon Charges, dealing 50% more damage per Charge Level.

Potential Skill - Red Raid
Dash forward in a 4 Range line (+1 for every Weapon Charge level). If you encounter an enemy, you grab them and cause an explosion around them, dealing Blunt physical damage to all enemies in a 2 Range circle around them equal to 100% of Burst Claw's SWA, then your Weapon Charge level increases by 1.
90% STR
15% SAN

I have no high ambitions here. I'll be honest with you. From the bottom of my heart, I just wanna grab someone's face and slam it into the dirt and see a big number on my screen. I feel like - maybe - someone else out there might feel the same.

How about instead of Red Raid being used as a way to build weapon charges; it consumes them instead for more damage? Or something along those lines. Right now the bonus you get for building charges being +1 to the range of Red Raid (Along with the usual Charge passive) doesn't feel that signifciant at all; especially when unarmed fighters almost universally have better ways to get to their opponent and do damage for 3 Momentum.
Syeburn post_id=39010 time=1581305340 user_id=851 Wrote:I have no high ambitions here. I'll be honest with you. From the bottom of my heart, I just wanna grab someone's face and slam it into the dirt and see a big number on my screen. I feel like - maybe - someone else out there might feel the same.

At least you were honest, my man. At least you were honest... I won't go too into detail, not too much time. Maybe later. But I can agree to the very least that Burst Claw does need some kind of touch up. Doesn't have to be overly big, but it can do to get buffed somewhat.
Considering you'd have to thereafter hit with a weapon with a baseline 85% accuracy while almost certainly using a class that has almost no use of skill or accuracy to benefit from the charge weapon in any meaningfully large way, this isn't even really a weapon that I would pick still.

Which means it would be an alright buff imo.
I don't think changing Red Raid to consume charges is the right way to approach buffing Burst Claw at all. It has niche uses that are incredibly powerful on very specific set ups but on anything outside of said set up it falls short.

I'd prefer if Red Raid got SWA% increase and explode at the end of its dash without consuming charges. (With the range of the dash and explosion growing higher with how many charges you're holding)

As for the weapon itself, giving it a slight increase in accuracy and perhaps crit would be a start.
It doesn't say it consumes charges. Only that it generates one and gains range based on how many you have.
FaeLenx post_id=39042 time=1581459026 user_id=2063 Wrote:It doesn't say it consumes charges. Only that it generates one and gains range based on how many you have.

I was mostly referring to the opening post that wanted to make it consume charges for more damage. It currently only explodes if you hit an enemy as well.
Burst Claw's potential is the only underwhelming thing about it imo. I wish it did more damage, or did additional damage based on how many charges you have before using it, without consuming them.
I don't know about a SWA increase, the thing reaches some alright amounts of SWA given its scaling is around 105%, uniquely high for excel weapons particularly.

I could see Burst Claw's potential, Red Raid, gaining a Fire ATK scaling for excel charge, something like 60% Fire ATK per excel charge.
Spoops post_id=39082 time=1581584313 user_id=193 Wrote:I don't know about a SWA increase, the thing reaches some alright amounts of SWA given its scaling is around 105%, uniquely high for excel weapons particularly.

I could see Burst Claw's potential, Red Raid, gaining a Fire ATK scaling for excel charge, something like 60% Fire ATK per excel charge.

I was referring to the potential's scaling which currently only does 100% SWA for extremely meager damage to a single target; not the actual scaling of the weapon. But having more bonus damage per charge is a concept I can get behind.
Miller post_id=39075 time=1581534234 user_id=49 Wrote:...

Sorry, misread your post. You're right.