NEUS Projects

Full Version: General Opinion Survey: Most Fun Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is one in what will be a long line of player surveys regarding various aspects of the game. Since I am always looking to improve the experience for as many people as possible, this requires gathering feedback, hence these polls. Tell your wife, tell your kids, tell your friends (if they play the game, anyway) to vote. Based on the feedback I gather, I may make adjustments to the game balance/etc. However, nothing is guaranteed, so please keep that in mind.

If you'd like to post an opinion with your vote, you can do so (although it is not necessary), but please follow these guidelines;

1) Do not response to other users' opinions in this thread. I'm not looking for debates, just data.
2) Please include the way you voted for clarity.
3) Please provide your opinion on what would be a more ideal result.
4) Don't go crazy. I'm not going to delete any classes or completely retool them, for example. I'm not going to flip the rug on the entire battle system, either. Don't even suggest it.
5) Keep your opinion relevant to the topic. Don't go on a rant, like 'whaddafrick battle too fast because kenvoker too strong, nerf please'. You can express a similar opinion, but it should be worded more appropriately, like 'Players do too much damage, resulting in battles that feel too quick, and lengthening the battles would make them more enjoyable.' I don't want to hear what you hate, I want to hear what would make things better for you.

Thank you for your participation.

---
The Topic: Most Fun Class

To provide an opposite side to the argument, let's talk about your favorite class; what class do you find yourself having the most fun when playing as, and why (if you feel like elaborating)? What aspects of that class do you think are the most enjoyable? And so on.
Hexers. It's very simple.

They have a lot of versatility. A lot of tactics and planning put into them if you build them right, and they can be very devastating in combat. I don't really feel like a one trick pony when I'm playing this class.
Separating "fun" from "useful" is slightly hard, especially since the enjoyment gotten out of a class usually ties into how well it performs.

From the purely "fun" side, Tactician is pretty nice. It easily synergizes with every other class in the game, and promotes teamwork.
Tactician promotes 'fun' and synergy, in my opinion, but has next to no self operating mechanics, and in a party for grinding Hexer Spam or Evoker spam is easily the better option.

In PVP Tactician is 'nice' if you have a team of people that perform basic attacks enough for you to essentially sit back, on your ass, and give an attack order every so often.

"Fun" and "Useful" wise, I'd say Hexer. It easily has one of the largest repetoires of usability from hexes, to status effects to dark knighting. It's a class that almost anyone can get into simply because of just how devestating it can be. ( To the point of being OP ).
Verglas. Not because it's good, but because toying around with field effects and kicking things into blocks of ice is entertaining on its own, regardless of how much (or little) damage it does.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4113#p4113 Wrote:Rockabye ยป Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm[/url]"]Verglas. Not because it's good, but because toying around with field effects and kicking things into blocks of ice is entertaining on its own, regardless of how much (or little) damage it does.

Seconded.
Possibly Ghost for me. I get a good "rush" when I get to low amounts of HP and then still win. It's almost like one of those "come-back wins" that you only see in TV, manga, and movies. If you could get more classes to get more... "themes", like those, it'd be really awesome~ Like say, having Kensei's as a type of class that deals combos. You'd feel as if you were literally just darting around, cutting up mobs doing a lot of Skills in one turn (Yes, yes, it'd not be at any high amounts of damage). Or how an Evoker feels like some overwhelming force when he'd strike you down with some Spell (I often envision this happening like when Frieza used his Death Ball, lol).

It's all about immersion for me, moreso than actual "numbers". That's what makes it fun for me~
It was a hard choice, but thanks to the new Stylish dungeons, I picked Kensei.

Their skills have bad Strength scaling. Okay, fine. It doesn't make it any less fun to charge into someone before lifting into the air, and then blasting them away before charging clean through them (even at that range) only to turn around and prepare your counterattack.

Once you factor in the FP regen if unarmored, you have a solid contender for most fun class, since it can PVE for longer than many other classes that don't have FP management skills (especially if your max FP is low since food is a percentage) so long as it can survive. That is, unless your idea of fun is big numbers.
I was torn between Hexer/Evoker this time. But I ended up choosing Evoker.

Basically, Evokers are both fun to play as and to RP as. I mean c'mon, you get a variety of spells to choose from and if you have a hard time choosing. . .well, you can always buy a fruit of forgetfulness or two. Basically they have literal sick combos and cool combos; but all in all, I think being able to RP your spells as something else is what won it for me. And watching people be tossed around with a gigantic tornado; or stabbed with magical rock spikes, or hit by a massive lightning, or frozen into a sculpture, or well. . .pretty much tossed in a frying pan is kinda fun in its own sense. But yeah, I like it for the amount of spells you can use.
Black Knight, hands down.

It stands as a versatile class that can be played either offensively, or defensively in multiple ways; and this goes without mentioning how it is able to synergize so well with multiple other classes at the same time. Plus with being one, it can make a fight actually go on for longer and -feel- like a real fight in a way. Which I approve of immensely. Any weapon tends to work well with it, including now with spears since Crescent Rook is a thing. Above all, it is just without a doubt fun to be a strong, durable hulking mass able to take hits and deliver them back just as much, if not even more strength.

Tends to help too that they have multiple ways to help with their usually low chances to hit more dodgier targets, which makes it further in the flexible department.
Pages: 1 2