NEUS Projects

Full Version: Biting with the hand that takes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could steal and spell snatch do some damage too?

I love spellthief, in fact I like thieves in general. However I feel like the gimmick is rather underplayed, mainly because the two 'stealing' skills are kind of a waste of momentum unless it's for maybe a meme or literally as your only option, which is never the case at least in my eyes. For any good spellthief, they preemptively steal their spells and more or less treat them just as their own magic, effectively making it just a blue mage class (btw I still really like the "Monster-mancy" idea) instead of using their abilities to mess with your casters (or anyone if you're using regular steal).

Maybe if you used Steal or Spell Snatch from the side or behind the target, you also did a basic attack at like...50% power or something? If the attack did some reduced damage and procced on hit effects, it would be significantly more viable to use in an actual fight. The only time I would ever steal in a fight is if I was using a Filcherbird, which has a chance to automatically steal on a basic attack, and spell snatching I would never do in an actual fight, I'd take a chance to defend myself with Snatch Spell instead.

Reason: Making stealing more viable and bringing us one step closer to an actual thieves guild C:
It makes sense to throw a basic hit as a feint and attempt to run their buff pockets.

I agree with that, if the basic hit gets some sort of hit debuff since you're not trying to hit them as you are stealing. Better than a big 3M nothing, I guess.
I think a passive in Rogue that upgrades steal skills into mugs instead could be a great benefit to them, since stuff like Spell Snatch and Blue Steal count as steal skills that would probably serve them pretty well.

I do agree that currently steal is incredibly lackluster at the current moment, its not worth it to steal a random status that could even just be the one you didn't want, with a basic attack tied to them they could at least do damage just in case you don't get the status you want.

Could even be the aforementioned great need of dagger skills if need be (Though other weapons could still apply at lesser power), I also believe the passive I mentioned to be a better addition than straight adding it to the skills, due to something like Cat Mask just granting steal automatically.
A passive sounds great to me, I completely forgot about the cat mask, I also forgot about Blue Steal as well, that should definitely be included!
Another idea for a Steal enhance passive would be to put you into "Sneaking". Rouge could do in general with skills that put them into sneaking again, and use sneak mechanics more by itself out of VAs Eliminate there isn't really much going for it... But you know? Rouge are supposed to be stealthy stealthy, having that actually reflect in battle more (maybe with the addition of dagger skills that use "Sneaking" for bonus) would be pretty cool.
This sounds like an interesting idea.