NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Wild Elf] How to make a boring race interesting in 1 easy step!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Give them a Racial tied to using bows and daggers, please. That's all they need to be at least as interesting as Omina. My starting petition to them is quite simple too:

Quote:Racial Skill/Trait (Hunting Prowess):
- Wood Elves, being natural hunters, show unmatched adeptness at wielding a hunter's armament. Grants a bonus to Critical Damage for Bows and Daggers equal to Scaled SAN/2. But this skill comes at a cost, the Scaled Weapon Attack of all other weapons is reduced by the same amount.
Just giving them damage doesn't really make it interesting, and you're sorta just shoehorning them into weapons they already excel at with their base stats. I would probably say Wood Elves could probably use a few skills that align them more with what they might actually be good at being born from a trapper-centric tribe or skilled hunters.

So perhaps you might give them more bonuses with traps such as....

Wood Elves gain extra placement/area of effect range on traps, increasing 1 per 10 scaled SAN (Think how huge traps would get with raging in this instance.)

Wood Elves extend the duration of vines left on the field.

Wood Elves gain bonuses when using wooden weapons.

I'm not gonna go too into detail other than that one trap bit as I'm not creative enough to think of anything currently, but thats the general jist of what I might find more interesting than say...oh just give them damage idk.
Honestly, every time I see any ability having to do anything with traps makes me cringe.
Wild elves need to be stronger stealth archers. I think what spoops suggested would help them a lot more in the long run for something fun to make out of instead of just being inferior elf.
I do like Spoops's idea, especially considering it combos well (wooden weapons can go with archer which go with the archer's traps) but can also lead to interesting moments as well (one example being mutating a wooden weapon would still provide the bonus, thus opening new options not available to other users of mutate).