NEUS Projects

Full Version: Ulrenreka Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ulrenreka, the water boots.
Ramarg, the wind axe.
Crelia, the ice knife.
Grandia, the lightning bow.
Helrenroka, the fire fist.
Tarnell, the earth rifle.
Elenoa, the dark spear.
Larveget, the sound sword.
And Farren, the light tome.

...So, uh, we have one for sound but not one for acid.  What's up with that?  I'd love to have like, an acid glove or something.

Anyhow, this weapon series is kinda underwhelming.  It sounds like it'd be cool but usually just isn't.  And it's not like you can just tuck them away since their unique skills are potentials- so you can only use it if its in your main hand.

I think a nice buff to these would be to also cut the target elemental attack of the opponent's in half, or to swap your own elemental attack of that kind with the opponent.
I've gotten use out of the Light Tome, Sound Sword, Earth Rifle, Dark Spear and Wind Axe a metric fuckton.

Tarnell has a super solid potential that may keep you in place but can get you severe damage if you build right for it. Admittedly, said builds are super limited at times or restricted to certain races but you know.

Farren has allowed me to counter priests without remotely having to build to be one myself. No potential needed.

Larveget just allowed me to SAN Check nerds rather accurately most of the time. Which information is tastily crucial in a fight at times. I've had it item belted for that exact purpose. Beyond that, I think the only time i've gotten use out of it was when I hit someone who's more SAN powered than me and using a (insert relevant stat here) dynamic tome with full sound seeds.

Ramarg is my child. The ability to make nerds Airborne easily and so freely? Don't mind if I do. AoE too. Feels good. I used it in tandem with my Sky Mantis Scythe build at one point alongside on a few Corbies that are ook ook. Although damage left a lot to be desired if I couldn't crit. A severe lot. But I think that's more due to me using two weapons instead of 2H with one weapon. I just can't justify 2H Ramarg if not using DH Matador Spam from what i've gathered. It's got good scaling but there's just such better stuff to be using, and the potential doesn't mean much. The literal only time i've remotely valued 2H Ramarg was when I was in a team fight and hit a Titan Gale Spec'd Tactician and I was a Ghost/ST so I could just Titan Gale and yeet free SWA on my own without remotely building Wind ATK.

Such a niche scenario. Elenoa was mostly since I could abuse Enma's Harder while running another Lumi'd Element. Nothing to build around but an easy to obtain consistent bonus with how many people are running RES for that sick Magic DR.

The rest, no idea. I've gotten some mileage out of the Fire Fist but nothing worth talking about.
Ice Knife is bad since you have to build a stat that is essentially required to hit with, that also happens to buff your god damn Ice ATK. Haha...
Lightning Bow, no experience with outside of sheer IC Usage. But likely the same issue as the Ice Knife.

Ulrenreka. Sorry, I build VIT and thus have no need for the Water ATK that is likely only 1-4 points off from mine. zzz For a FOOT SLOT NO LESS? Yikes.

All in all, to the main meat of things. I'd rather it not swap your own elemental attack. Then you'd just build lack of stat and give it to enemy. Making them oppressive elemental attack negaters.

Cutting Elemental Attack in half is only fine if it's a potential skill with a cooldown. The Light Tome mentions it can suck the light out of things, so like. That seems fitting. Can't say if I can justify the rest.

Ulrenreka maybe too. That's the worst offender here.

But Tarnell is most definitely the best out of the group.
I vibe with this all, and it's good to hear from someone who's actually used these wack weapons. And I've definitely seen Tarnell come out occasionally to play, though it's still outshine by other snipers... But overall, they still tend to be underwhelming.

Ulrenreka is definitely the worst offender, since it can't even get a potential skill as a set of boots.

While I get what you mean on Larveget, it can be very cool and useful. It falls into an area where setsuna tends to always be better, unless you have a reason to want sound attack. Arguably a tactician build might be able to make use of that, with domino resonate? But it's so niche and the buff lasts such a short time.

I think cutting an opponent's elemental attack would be fine to work in either on-hit with a passive cooldown, or as a potential skill, yeah.

And while I love the experience you've had with Ramarg. Niche is an operative word there. It's very rare you can get great use out of that.

That said, yeah, the potential skill is still cool and synergizes very nicely with Matador. I can agree it's cool and not in dire need of anything, specifically.

So that leaves like. Ramarg, Tarnell, and arguably Farren in decent spots. But the other 6 still definitely feel like they need a look. Especially Crelia, especially Grandia, especially Ulrenreka.
(08-31-2020, 04:59 PM)Maksimum_Fire Wrote: [ -> ]So that leaves like. Ramarg, Tarnell, and arguably Farren in decent spots. But the other 6 still definitely feel like they need a look. Especially Crelia, especially Grandia, especially Ulrenreka.

Nah. DEFINITELY Ulrenreka. That thing is a walking war crime of a horrible thing. I can at least argue using the others in super weird or outlandish scenarios. But having to go into one range and kick someone just to swap out water attack, from one of the most commonly built stats (Vitality) that's nigh essential if you want to live outside of the PvE Landscape? With hardly any Water Based Attacks???????

HELLO?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There is no 'especially', there is only 'definitely.'

"But muh Whulf 5 Range Kick" , man 5 Range Kick your way into inferiority. If you're not a summoner, I can't imagine anyone reliably justifying Ulrenreka even for a meme.
(08-31-2020, 04:09 PM)Maksimum_Fire Wrote: [ -> ]Ulrenreka, the water boots.
Ramarg, the wind axe.
Crelia, the ice knife.
Grandia, the lightning bow.
Helrenroka, the fire fist.
Tarnell, the earth rifle.
Elenoa, the dark spear.
Larveget, the sound sword.
And Farren, the light tome.
SOME of these have some serious uses, Larveget, Tarnell, Ramarg-nvm namely.
But I do agree that in general they tend to be very dissapointing outside of those three.

Larveget gives you sound in a way you cant really get anywhere else, which can be a big deal with stuff like War Crys changes, or for damage stacking sound stuff.
Tarnell is the single ultimate weapon in the entire game for Nitrogen Drop, though it lacks outside of  that niche it can still be useful for a tanky gun bonder/shifter with legume memes.
And Ramarg, if its the one im thinking of (Edit: Its not, I was thinking of the knockdown airborn one, not the knockup one.), can be used to knock people down following up ghosts Gravestone, Firebirds riser, or other low momentum knockups. Which could then also combo into something like Execute.
You either build for swa or live long enough to build for hit...
Give them more generalised support.
Higher hit rate, power, crit ect.
Nobody wants to build for a 1/ 100 shit meme weapon, you're already three legs behind just by trying to build hit in this meta, so avoid further gimmicky shit if you actually want people to look at them, next to pristine spine leashes and mirror spears.
I think that's basically the main answer, Crix. Some decent base stats on these weapons would make them less of a meme pick to surprise people with, and more in line with the basic array of weapons available.

I really think Ulrenreka needs a change overall, though. Since it can't have a potential skill, I'd like to see it at least grant a skill normally that does something with the copied water attack status, similar to the weapons in the series. Perhaps something that lets you place dark water tiles? Or maybe the skill could soak enemies? I imagine it'll still be niche, whatever it is, but it needs something, since as Detty pointed out there's literally no reason to pick it over any other boots option right now.