NEUS Projects

Full Version: Overgrown Staff, them and you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently we've all gained new staff-type weapons to be crafted, right? What about the original staff weapon that's also a 10* rarity item? Overgrown Staff doesn't really see any use because of it's weird STR-based scaling and lack of being a proper druid-like weaponry that could fit a lot of people's ICs who revolve being friends of the nature.

Could it be changed to be like the new staves but ramped to match the other 10* polearm (Mirror Spear)? I suggest the following:

Weapon Scaling:
80% WIL
20% DEF
20% SAN

Item Effect:
Spelledge (Will increase the Power of spells you cast by this weapon's power if it's equipped in your Main Hand, much like a Tome.)
It could use an improvement for sure but I think this is a bit too close to the other staves. It should be more unique in it's identity.
I'd actually appreciate this happening. Or at least it being changed in some way. Ideally, I'd prefer if it still had SAN as a notable amount of its scaling (or at least 80% WIL and 30% SAN, if going by the recently introduced staves), but this would be fine, too. It having Spelledge would also make sense, considering it powers up Nature spells but doesn't allow you to use them at the moment.
I've originally thought 30% SAN but thought 20% for DEF and SAN would give it the earthen vibe, I'm not against it one bit for the sake of standardization.
Honestly, Staff of Eyes and Eternal Servitude could use the Spelledge treatment as well. Overgrown Staff itself especially because it has a passive to enhance spellpower already, so it only makes sense for it to be a casting tool. With the precedent of staff weapons being casting tools for every element, I think that extending this to other staves that are also arcane in nature is fair. Some might argue it cuts into God Rod's niche, but with the light gem staff being included with the staff update I think that goes out the window. God Rod could probably stand being changed to something else but that's another topic.
Nah. Their effects are too swole to become anything like it. In fact, the former got 'nerfed' to that point due to how overbearing it was.

Overgrown Staff in particular is a case of 'never is used and does not fit anywhere', thus why it needs to be prettied up badly.
Staff of Eyes is a 60% str scaling weapon... I have never seen one used in 3 years of playing. Honestly even if it were made a casting tool I doubt it would be used, but it'd just be a nice convenience and a fitting change.

As far as Eternal Servitude goes, it's much better and Adon Graxis is very strong, but its scaling makes it very awkward to use. I haven't seen it used much other than swapped to strictly for the incantation honestly. If it had spelledge its scaling would be less of an issue for it and it would make it more usable.
Overgrown Staff is useless in the majority of cases when it comes to weapon efficiency, which is a pretty bad thing because it's a ten star boss item and rare things should be worth the hassle. I'm not sure about it being Spelledge, neutral towards that notion frankly. Here are some more scaling ideas though:

A) 80% SAN 30% WIL
B) 80% SAN 30% LUC
C) 60% WIL 60% SAN
D) 60% LUC 60% SAN
E) 80% WIL 20% SAN 20% LUC

You could also give it a potential skill. Ideas:

A) You unlock Vine Pull for its potential skill (the 1M pull you get from Shapeshifter shenanigans)
B) An invocation that makes flowers spawn all across the battlefield on random spots similarly to Aposemagika. Ideally another effect would accompany this, likely related to Nature spells (ignoring Resistance on Nature spells maybe?)

I'm just kind of spitballing and I don't really know the theming for invocation names so I can't really help in that regard, but maybe there's something for consideration.
At the very least it deserves spelledge, given its entire gimmick requires another weapon to be actually useful with.
as a boss 10* it certainly deserves to be better than your average off the mill items. At the very least in its theme

Spell edge seems fair.

For a potential skill I kinda wanted to go with a "Sleeping beauty"/Dangerous Rose reference. What if it had a skill that could errupt poisonous throns in ...I do not know 2 tiles around every flower that belongs to you...maybe even UL/6 tiles for a while.

They basically interact like normal vines, but walking through them deals you UL damage and a chance to inflict level 30 poison(or empower poison by 10?)? Or even charme to be more in theme with the Alraune.

If this was just a skill instead of Potential that would be a super amazing, thematically, combo with the bow of the green forest potential, and I honestly think thats not even OP.
That would be a really cool Doriad Ranger/druid build.
Pages: 1 2