NEUS Projects

Full Version: Roleplay Trait: Thieves' Cant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Given the Albedo Operative trait, I think we could make a nice use of more RP-only traits. This next one is similar to Albedo but not magic-oriented, to let shady people have their own dialect only their brothers and sisters in the shadows can understand right while eluding other people to their true context.

With the Thieves' Cant you gain a new verb, which allows you to communicate with fellow Rogues (I.E, others who have Thieves' Cant trait), as an example:

- You type "ttalk" or "thieftalk" in chat.
>> The text will come out with some words swapped for something else. Your own dictionary can be set, so when the game detects a word that is in the list during ttalk/thieftalk, it will convert over. So for extra example:

- I set Rogue Rogueson's dictionary like this:

Quote:"word" = "translate"

knife = goose
stealthily = politely
backstab = shoulder tap
kill = chat with
shocked = aware
target = kid
notice = make it weird

- Stabby Stabton set theirs as this:

Quote:"word" = "translate"

gotcha = I don't get it

And then, used, it goes like this:

Quote:Rogue Rogueson says: "Okiedokie, grab the goose, the plan's to chat with that kid, don't forget to politely shoulder tap them and make them aware, and by god don't make it weird up."
Thieves' Cant: "Okiedokie, grab the knife, the plan's to kill that target to the left, don't forget to stealthily backstab them and make them shocked, and by god don't mess up."

Ren Brown says: "But I don't see any kids here?"

Stabby Stabton says: "I don't get it, chief."
Thieves' Cant: "Gotcha, chief."

The words modified in that case, highlighted:

Quote:"Okiedokie, grab the knife, the plan's to kill that target, don't forget to stealthily backstab them and make them shocked, and by god don't mess up."

"Okiedokie, grab the goose, the plan's to chat with that kid, don't forget to politely shoulder tap them and make them aware, and by god don't make it weird up."
:Sweat:
I like the idea of adding language traits to force people to actually take all the languages they want to claim to know IC. Or atleast a few secret languages we can have
But honestly considering how 90% of players claim to know every language from egwynian and on, I figure 90% of people would just take it anyway.
Unfortunately, yes. But there's where more language traits would be welcome. The more people claim to be smart and talented, the worse they perform in combat for not having essential things. (At the very least is a hope for the future.)
Maybe bump?