NEUS Projects

Full Version: The Leaderboards [June 2021]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tarson hears ya'.  He sees the vim and vigor you all bear, the excitement at the ringside.  Y'all'ns need somewhere to beat the tar out of each other 'til you're friends, and then keep striking.

Well, look no further.  The Badlands welcomes all you fighters. Users of blade, axe, bow, gun, fist... All will find a place!
We're scaling things up juuust a lil' bit.  From now on, all y'all'ns can stroll on down, give your name and some info to Tarson, and become part of our newly unveiled Badlands Arena Leaderboards.

[Image: LeaderboardEmblem.png]

The Leaderboards are a system designed to foster y'all'ns getting together and clashing in much the way we do in tournaments.  All the rules that apply at Badlands tournaments, apply here. That means I' dun wanna hear about any 'yall abusing the White Lady's Light.  If'n ye wanna organize a match, look yer match partner up on the leaderboards, and point him out, and we'll send a message from you to him ASAP to get them to come see ya.
Ya get one "Victory point" if'n ya lose a match, and ya get two if ya win it.  Here's the catch:  Each fighter pairing can only fight one match per season.  So make sure ya fight against lots of different people!
At tha end of tha season, y'all'ns'll've'n'a receive a reward based on how many Victory points ya earned.  In addition?  The top eight'll get somethin special, so look forward ta that.
That about covers it.  Come on down to the Badlands and fight, fight, fight!
-Hale "Headhunter" Storm

[Image: LeaderboardBanner.png]

OOC notes: Once you're registered by adding your name to the list, you can contact anyone registered here on the forum, asking to get a match with them. ICly, you'll be paging them through the Badlands Arena for these services. You can fight any other registered fighter

In each self-regulated match, healing potions will be limited to:
  • One PR-Hi or one PR-Regenerative per match per person. Stabilizers, Regeneratives, Hi-Potions, and PR-Stabilizers are banned. This includes potions granted by class features. Other item belt items are fair game(unless noted below.)

In each self-regulated match, the following healing abilities are prohibited:
  • All Mercana (Graft, Malmelo, Phoenix, Second Chance, Healing Discharge, Water Dragon (Used for healing), Refreshing flow AND the Mend/Miracle staves. Non-healing staves are allowed
  • Ki Healing (aid, meditation)
  • Nature Healing (Gentle garden, cherry blossom)
  • Void Healing of any kind that is recognised as such

Furthermore, 'assassination' rules are in effect. This means that if all PLAYERS are eliminated on a side, the win goes to the other. This is to account for summons such as youkai and engineer bots, which can continue fighting after their controller dies.

Matches must be held in normal, not stylish. In order for a match to qualify, all of these rules must be followed, and both participating players must report results to a participating event runner, alongside two logs- A separated battle chat log, and RP log spanning the time of the match. Reporting this does not have to happen in game, and can instead be done by forwarding the information to one of the participating runners.

Should a player refuse to submit results after a match, attempt to falsify or change the results of a match or otherwise disregard or the rules, they will be disqualified.

In order to register, leave a method of contact in this forum post, and what characters you're entering with. For each character, leave a short bio, as shown. if you have more than one character in the top spots, you will only receive the bonus rewards for being in the top eight once. Note, you can only have ONE character per division, and each registered character can only fight another registered fighter ONCE. However, the same character can appear in multiple divisions.

As an example:

Character: Ren Brown
Character Key+Slot: RenBrownest.slot2
Do you have your arena book?: No, I am a wanted criminal.(Disqualified)
What Division are you interested in: Singles.
What do the arena staff know about you?: I'm strong
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): Quake in your boots, for our fight will be your last.

For Double and above signups the registration is made by a single post, that outlines all participants

Characters: Ben Rrown and Ren Brown
Character Keys+Slots: BenRown12.slot3,RenBrownest.slot2
Do you have your arena books?: Yes, but Ren Brown doesn't (disqualified)
What Division are you interested in: Doubles
What do the arena staff know about you?: We ARE the protagonists
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): We're a pair of new faces to the arena, so please be gentle!

For each battle you win, you will earn 2 Battle Points. For each battle you lose, you will earn 1 Battle Point. At the end of the month, you will earn 200 Murai for each battle point you've earned over the month; The top eight of the leaderboard will earn an additional reward of ten raremetal, and pick of any one enchantment catalyst they desire.

I can be contacted at Pandos#6387 via discord regarding questions, concerns, or any other matters relevant to the leaderboards.

Credit to Kit#6944 for his massive help to prepare this event.

For the month of June, 2021, there will be TWO divisions that players can sign up for!

A singles division and a doubles division!

The Singles division is as simple as, two fighters stand off in a 1v1 and test their mettle!
The Doubles division requires you to grab an ally and square off against other pairs in 2v2's.

Remember, you can have these fights any time you want within the month without needing an event runner or GM to supervise, but you can only fight each other registered combatant once and have to send in the results and logs to a participating eventmin to have your Points tallied.

Leave your signups here (and make sure to leave contact info if you want fights)

For this month, the participating event runners are
Miller#0869

As a friendly reminder, the cutoff for this event be the end of the month. At which time I'll tally the results and publish them, along with rewards.
Character: Kaito
Character Key+slot: Karidan2156.slot4
Do you have your arena book?: Yes
What do the arena staff know about you?: He was able to defeat a certain Ghost after a series of long, arduous battles. He seems to hang around a certain group of people from Voilegard when he stops by the Arena
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): Let's get this show on the road baby. Show me what you've got!
Character: Kris Gorgon and Ilius Zakharov
Character Key+Slot: The HaTeD.slot1 and Sorasen.slot3
Do you have your arena books? Yeah and ready to book smack.
What division are you interested in: Doubles
What do the arena staff know about you?: The woman has volatile power and is destructive. Plethora of transformations and spell mimicry. The other? They study...Alot.
Got any words for your Competitors?(Optional): "The cards depicted something akin to this. Pray tell fate."-Kris || "It's hard to get a read on what they can and can't do." -Ilius
Character: Chloe Katz
Character Key+Slot: Blue Fern.slot1
Do you have your arena book?: Of coooourse.
What division are you interested in: Single throwdowns!
What do the arena staff know about you?: "She's creepy. Heard she was a bandit once, so no surprises there I guess."
Got any words for your competitors?: Be gentle.~ Garry, if you're reading this: watch your back............. (there's a lot of added ellipses...)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters: Delphia Eustis and Tedric
Character Keys+Slots: Blue Plant.slot1 and Spoaps.slot2
Do you have your arena books?: Yeah.
What division are you interested in: Doubles.
What do the arena staff know about you?: "Those two have gone through a lot together. The girl in particular fights a lot and the knight is commonly known for his high endurance. They're like sword and shield."
Character: Charlie Shepherd
Character Key+Slot: CharlieHasASpear.slot1
Do you have your arena book?: Yes
What do the arena staff know about you?: Fight Fighter, Street Fighter, Underhanded but legal tactics.
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): Square up, buttercup.
[Image: L809kNC.png]
Character: Sozin
Character Key+Slot: roshin.slot3
Do you have your arena book? Yes
What do the arena staff know about you?: I am just here for the Experience
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional):Good luck to everyone.
Character: Eri Tiadore (Erilia Gorgon if people actually care about birth names.)
Character Key+Slot: EriTiadore.slot1
Do you have your arena book?: Yes!
What Division are you interested in: Singles and Doubles if I know my partner!
What do the arena staff know about you?: Uhmmmm I fought here about a month ago, I think, maybe. I didn't win but I had fun!
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): Please don't knock any teeth out, I need those.
Character: Tenyu
Character Key+Slot: Hiazro.slot1
Do you have your arena book?: Yes.
What division are you interested in: Single/Doubles (depending on whether or not he can find a partner to work with)
What do the arena staff know about you?: "A surprising record of past injuries; deadly cuts, stabs, and magical strikes. Off to a good start. Can turn your armor into a boiling pot, given the opportunity."
Got any words for your competitors?: "No." 
Characters: Kimberly Nikolaev and Michail Nikolaev
Character Keys+Slots: Trapsarenotgay.slot3,Goldenkira.slot1
Do you have your arena books?: Ye
What Division are you interested in: Doubles
What do the arena staff know about you?: "I feel sorry for whoever these two have to fight."
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): "Good luck, you're all gonna need it."
Characters: Akatsuki Honoka
Character Keys+Slots: Kincaed.slot2
Do you have your arena books?: I hug it while I sleep
What Division are you interested in: Singles
What do the arena staff know about you?: One of the rare eastern style swordplay enthusiasts. their mother known for being a loud, loveable penguin for most. please don't break your Katanas again.
Got any words for your competitors?(Optional): "No hard feelings now-!"
Pages: 1 2