NEUS Projects

Full Version: v2.51 House Enter Quote not supporting line breaks for the new chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exactly as the title says. If you add line breaks to a House Enter Quote, they won't show up in the new chat, but they will in the All tab (old chat).
I have no issue with this personally. What exactly are you trying to use?
Screenshot examples:
[Image: f070392113.png]

The text will instead show up like this:
[Image: b6f40c0696.png]

Exact text I used:
Quote:Type this, then add a couple line breaks.

Write more text like this.

It'll do that regardless of the amount of line breaks you add.

I have tried Enter and Shift + Enter, but both give the same results. It's not just on my end, but it happens to other players as well. I have unfortunately not encountered anyone that is -not- having this issue in live though.
I'd like to add that this doesn't happen either for the emote verb, it'd be snazzy if it could.
I am just adding lines with the return key.
It turns out that the line breaks working is entirely determined by whether there's an apostrophe in your intro narration or not, regardless of the method being Enter/Shift+ Enter. If you're using any apostrophes in your test, that's probably why:

[Image: 07df239357.png]

[Image: 463d0df107.png]

It's worth noting the text looks like this after you submit the house intro narrate and open the editor for it again, which doesn't look intentional:

[Image: 144d398fba.png]

Additionally and I'm not sure why, but there's a little space at the start of the text when the narrates pop up. Don't know if that's a bug or not but might as well mention it.
This has been corrected.