NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Shine Knight] Minor AI Tweak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be using diagrams to outline what I mean.

K = Knight
P = Player
M = Mob

Player summons a Shine Knight for protection. They're low on health, and want to rely on Protect while they recover.

PKM

Mob is obsessed with getting beside the player at all costs. Shine Knight's protect soaks up damage.

M
PK

Shine Knight has Alondite. Hits the mob from where it stands. And then... moves beside it, anyway.

MK
P

Suddenly, no longer covered by the Shine Knight, the player moves beside the knight again.

MKP

Mob is obsessed with getting beside the player at all costs. Shine Knight's protect soaks up damage.

KPM

Shine Knight has Alondite. Hits the mob from where it stands. And then... moves beside it, anyway.
Suddenly, no longer covered by the Shine Knight, the player moves beside the knight again.

... you get the idea!

Pretty please, could Shine Knights have the same AI as PVE Mobs that will not close in if within attack range, but also don't run away if engaged up close? The above scenario is absolutely infuriating to deal with, especially against multiple mobs whose turns land in between, so you can't just keep moving beside the knight again, since they either finish you off while exposed, or block you off so you can't get beside the knight.

Considering Protect doesn't block autohits, I don't see this being a PVP concern. It's just a PVE thing. Thanks for understanding.