NEUS Projects

Full Version: Lore Questions: November (2021)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guidelines for Lore Questions
1) You are limited to one question per topic. You may ask follow-up questions related to your initial question provided they are mainly 'yes' or 'no' questions.  For instances where you are clarifying lore details, or for minor questions, it is recommended to ask in the #lore-questions Discord channel instead of in this thread.
2) Questions should avoid being overly specific when the topic is unknowns. (IE: Was anyone on Sigrogana ever killed with a spoon? Has there ever been a scandal involving a noble family on Kysei?) For this reason, it's best to ask questions pertaining to subjects that already have some establishment in the lore.
3) Avoid asking questions on the basis that you are trying to invalidate someone's RP or otherwise harrass them, etc. If you have concerns that someone may not be RPing properly, or has an outlandish concept, please take them to a GM in private.
4) Refrain from asking questions that have always been answered. Use the forum search function, view the lore compendium, or the wiki pages for the specific races (both on wikia and this site's wiki) to double check.
5) If you notice any contradictions in answers, you are welcome to point them out. Note that established lore may be rewritten as time passes based on necessity or desire.

Expectation For Answers
Questions may be answered at any time, but the general expectation is that all questions will be answered during the first week of the following month. Answers will be added to the lore compendium, which will be updated after the topic is closed.
Can you expand on the relationship, biological or otherwise, between dragons, wyverns and serpents in general? Is there a common progenitor shared between two or more of these, or are they entirely unrelated?
Is there a de-facto God of Nature? Lightning, Plants, or all of them together? Does that just fall under Mercala's domain, or is it it's own thing?
Can youkai completely possess someone who has contracted them through Install or Shapeshifting in any form?
1- Is a Youkai Contract a literal (and magic) parchment of paper with regulations and rules, or symbolic?

2- Can other people beyond the Youkai and the Summoner break said contract? Mostly in case if the Summoner is going mad with power or whatever, and needs that taken away.

3- Can you force someone to sign a Youkai Contract? (I.E, is being a Summoner something gifted from birth, or can anyone become one if they feel like?)

4- Assuming all rules of conduct are the same, who determined that? Is there an arbiter entity for Youkai and Humans who enforce the contract?

5- What happens if you break the rules? Is there any otherworldly punishment for it?
Is there anything that prevents a Chimera from gaining an evolutionary trait by consuming a particular monster or race? Are they able to take god-granted aspects (i.e, Glykin scales, Corbie/Phenex wings, Shaitan claws)?
Henlo I'd like to start off by pointing out a discrepancy in regards to a question I asked a two months back and the answer in the lore thread. I'm mostly curious whether it was changed to be that or if it just slipped your mind. That being!

This is the answer in the Lore Compendium.
[Image: unknown.png]

And this is the answer in the lore questions thread on September 2021.
So the clarification I'm asking for is if the records(CDs) do exist IC(assuming the fun-o-gram is considered in-character)? Or was that retconned entirely and fun-o-grams aren't IC?
Why DO Nagas get their legs turned into snake tails when they're put through whatever Snakemen do to kidnapped human women? Is it just in connection to something like their Winged Serpant?
Is Dragonfield known for much else than its connection to Hornweed and, by extension, the Ereshkigal cult? What's it like there?
It's the 30th, so no better time to drop some (related) questions.

-Presuming complex firearms are possible, how does machining of the small and complicated mechanisms take place?
-How does magic influence the creation process of regular and magical firearms?
-How accurate are weapons created this way? Is pin-point accuracy a staple, or are they more akin to muskets? (Those things suck. Seriously, look it up.)
Pages: 1 2