NEUS Projects

Full Version: Hey, you can't go naked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately, I've seen some players with characters that have no torso overlay. New ones are a bit obvious when it comes to it, but some have other overlays, but no torso item (despite the rule). Sometimes it can be cache errors, but to prevent that, could the tutorial be modified to require you to be wearing a torso item before you continue? It'd help prevent people from breaking the rule and using the censor bar as "pants" (when the samurai pants overlay exists anyway).
Quote:5b - In addition, do not run around with a character icon that has NO clothing whatsoever.
What? How does equipping torso items factor into having overlays?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5399#p5399 Wrote:Neus ยป Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:49 pm[/url]"]What? How does equipping torso items factor into having overlays?

Ryu's asking for the Tutorial to keep anyone that doesn't have an 'appropriate' overlay for their icon from getting out.

Personally, I think the rule needs to be done away with; portraits are one thing, but I find it silly to be punishing players over their icon for anything other than blatantly explicit content*, especially when people keep confusing the clothing on the base icon as a 'censor bar'.

*I'm referring to manipulating overlays to make the icon actually look inappropriate, as seen somewhere in this forum via Soapy.
I agree with Chaos on doing away with the rule. "Nude" icons aren't necessarily nude, they just might be wearing less clothing for alacrity's sake.
I too think the rule is unnecesary. In the end, if they are using the lack of clothing on their icon for adult-rated reasons, it violates the parent-rule. And I don't see any other reason why it should be wrong. (I am not accounting for horrible RP because there are so many ways to archieve that, that potential of this is being pretty tame in comparison.)
I actually have a character using a long coat (back icon) with no torso item to emulate a bare chest, and characters with vests and capes (also back items) but no torso items to emulate shorts or skirts. These characters do not look naked in the slightest. Forcing a torso overlay would kind of dick me over. Just saying.
Plus, swimwear. If I can run around with certain water resistant armor as a combat aspect, it'd be nice to show in icon-wise, also. That's what I've mostly seen the 'nude' icons being played as, because in-home pools, hopefully a beautiful Alstasian beach at some point...
It's meant to be a tutorial thing only if you read the OP Ranlyn.

As for swimsuits, it's not hard to icon overlays for them, especially since you can't color the bare base anyway.
But we don't need to icon overlays for them. The base works fine enough.
Pages: 1 2