NEUS Projects

Full Version: Salamandra Flame Art: Explosion (please include the warriors.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With how long Salamandras have been out now, could we have something like a trait or toggle or something that turns their Flame Art: Explosion apply to Physical damage instead of Magical damage? Or include Physical Fire damage too. 

The reason for it is just me thinking it'd give Salamandras a lot of build creativity with their fire. Instead of the entire Salamandra race being forced to play mages to even think of doing something as fun as seeing explosions everywhere.

I guess you could raise the amount of fire damage needed for it to proc, like 75 instead of 50, or 100 instead of 50, but I don't think that matters much considering Magical Fire damage goes much higher than Physical Fire damage usually does.

tldr: Include physical damage to Salamandra Flame Art: Explosion for fun and more variety in the builds we see in them pls and ty.
I don't really see this making sense, why would a sword strike explode? I'm all for more build variety, but if we're talking salamandra, I think what we need to focus on is buffing the other two flame arts or adding new ones. Explosion salamandras are basically all we see.

Make the poison flame not scale from guile of all things.

Make the purging flame trait a bit more punchy to make up for that cooldown (aren't you supposed to spam this thing to build up its power?).

I personally don't think salamandra needs to become a go-to no-san crit physical build, just give it more variety, heck, give it a flame art that makes the salamandra flame skill into a self-buff that gives you bonus strength or fire damage on hit, or you explode when damaged, like your magma blood is flaring.

EDIT: I just realised fire physical damage can't explode and that's probably what you meant. I agree that should be added for sure, since it just makes sense!
(03-31-2022, 04:47 PM)Poruku Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see this making sense, why would a sword strike explode? I'm all for more build variety, but if we're talking salamandra, I think what we need to focus on is buffing the other two flame arts or adding new ones. Explosion salamandras are basically all we see.

Make the purging flame trait a bit more punchy to make up for that cooldown (aren't you supposed to spam this thing to build up its power?).

I personally don't think salamandra needs to become a go-to no-san crit physical build, just give it more variety, heck, give it a flame art that makes the salamandra flame skill into a self-buff that gives you bonus strength or fire damage on hit, or you explode when damaged, like your magma blood is flaring.

EDIT: I just realised fire physical damage can't explode and that's probably what you meant. I agree that should be added for sure, since it just makes sense!

Yeah! I may've been over-wordy, but that's basically all I want. Just make physical fire damage applicable for explosions. That'll add a lot of variety to that specific trait, and we won't just see Salamandras that are mages doing that. Let the warriors have fun too!
(03-31-2022, 11:22 PM)SpaceShibe Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2022, 04:47 PM)Poruku Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see this making sense, why would a sword strike explode? I'm all for more build variety, but if we're talking salamandra, I think what we need to focus on is buffing the other two flame arts or adding new ones. Explosion salamandras are basically all we see.

Yeah! I may've been over-wordy, but that's basically all I want. Just make physical fire damage applicable for explosions. That'll add a lot of variety to that specific trait, and we won't just see Salamandras that are mages doing that. Let the warriors have fun too!

Dont a lot of melee weapons that do fire extra dmg do magical dmg?
Skills from elemental impact do Fire physical damage.
Yes, I'm actually playing a firebird salamandra, and unfortunately the blazing cyclone spear does fire damage but does not proc the art. (Not like that char needs the buff but... It would be cool Big Grin )
(04-01-2022, 10:45 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2022, 11:22 PM)SpaceShibe Wrote: [ -> ]

Dont a lot of melee weapons that do fire extra dmg do magical dmg?

They do, but not to the point where you can reliably- if at all- trigger the trait. Charge Mind elemental damage does guarantee it, but you're still opting for a mage build at that point, and you're way better off just casting fir to trigger your explosions.

@Snake(since I'm a dumbass and don't know how to reply to two people at once), that's still not as efficient as triggering the trait through a mage's repertoire. With maybe the exception of Blazing Cyclone Spear. But considering the fact that's the ONLY physical fire damage that has a large AoE to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong, of course) then I think it's perfectly fine. The point is to let warriors be able to do it too, after all, and an Evoker/Lantern Bearer/base Mage can do it more reliably without spamming the same move.
The explosions trigger from flame crits, which can only occur if you do more than 50 fire damage. Soldier skills that can gain the blazing trait, either through nerhaven or a mars badge, can trigger the effect, at least in the case of crescent rook and bright bishop from black knight.

There is a also the volcanic enchantment, which seems to reliably cause the explosions to trigger if you have high enough fire damage + high power weapon.
(04-04-2022, 04:39 AM)Imotepchief Wrote: [ -> ]The explosions trigger from flame crits, which can only occur if you do more than 50 fire damage. Soldier skills that can gain the blazing trait, either through nerhaven or a mars badge, can trigger the effect, at least in the case of crescent rook and bright bishop from black knight.

There is a also the volcanic enchantment, which seems to reliably cause the explosions to trigger if you have high enough fire damage + high power weapon.

Soldier skills with the Blazing trait don't trigger the explosion because they don't deal magical damage, only physical. Which is what I'd like to see changed at some point! It would be a cool interaction, and then some with what I said in the above posts!

Volcanic is cool! It does magic damage, which does cause it to go off, but I'd like to see them trigger from a Narcus chaser, or a blazing shinken/retreating swipe.
This might have a lot of undue synergy with Salamander Sword but, at the very least it would be restricted to 1 race that receives a penalty to its HP so its not all that bad, +1 naturally.
Pages: 1 2