NEUS Projects

Full Version: Malza - Salamandra Spear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Applicable BYOND Key - KayranAlchemy
Character Name - Malza (Hellfire Rebel)
Request Type - Special Item (weapon)
Request Details - 
[Image: c60757c172d16880dfc48726b197d424.png]
A vile hybrid between an undead and a salamandra, this haunted spear is a powerful magic weapon, intended to be used by a pyromancer. Though it has no conscience or soul, it does have a murderous will akin to an undead, capable of assisting the wielder in combat in three ways:
- On command (or when it wants to), the weapon's edges spew magma that rapidly explodes. It requires skill in pyromancy to turn this into a powerful attack by feeding focus through it.
- The weapon redirects itself to hit vital areas, even if the user is slow and would have otherwise missed. (cool lore explanation for Plisfa's Masochism!)
- Facilitates the casting of curses.

The weapon has the following drawbacks:
- Has a charming effect on the user, making them prone to wanting to keep the cursed item.
- Whispers laments into the wielder's mind at random moments. "Free me... Kill them..." The usual trappings.
- Generally affects the sanity of the user negatively by its mere influence. (Basically up to interpretation but it's eldritch in concept)
- Makes the user more dependent on its power, thus weaker when not using it, until what was lost is re-learned.
- Slowly drains the user's focus and vitality over time, sustaining and empowering itself. This can shorten one's lifespan and weaken them, though it may not be noticeable while the weapon is still in their possession.
- The spear must breathe and eat! Without air or food (someone to leech off of) for a long time, it may wither away and die.

This item would not provide any specific advantage in a roleplay situation aside from being a powerful weapon, as it cannot communicate aside from lamentations whispered to the wielder, nor can it act independently. It has no intelligence and does not do anything you couldn't do with a Magical Moon spear. However, this weapon represents a large portion of Malza's power ICly, as he is normally quite slow in combat and not very good at properly utilizing his focus.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -
I'd like to add this interesting layer to Malza's backstory, because it highlights the contradictions in his worldview while also creatively backing up his mechanical use of evasion ignoring abilities and it also provides a lot of opportunities for deep rp on morals and ideology, and can even lead to fun(ny) rp.

Overall, I think it would be a very cool example of the negative effects of wanton necromancy, and could even be an interesting plot point. For instance, if Malza lost the weapon, he would become significantly weaker. And if someone else were to acquire it, then they could roleplay all the side-effects and the moral implications! One could even seek to obtain it to study it, etc.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Result of a vile experiment, the Blood Moon is a spear made of dragon's bones, infused with the blood of nairyf and the blood of a wyvern. By using a weapon possession ritual, a black spirit was affixed into the weapon. Then, a process similar to Salamandra creation was performed, but instead of a soul being born, the black spirit took control of this new "body". It is essentially a salamandra without a soul, a "mostly" successful attempt at creating a powerful weapon. However, it failed in a major way: it was originally supposed to invade the user's mind much more thoroughly, sapping them of all will to oppose their master. This did not work.

The weapon was crafted by a human necromancer, and was intended to be used by Malza, a newly created Salamandra. He was meant to use that weapon to serve the necromancer in a more docile manner. However, Malza's creator vastly underestimated both his rebellious nature and the weapon's power, resulting in a swift death to the Salamandra's hands. (That part may be a bit cliché but I swear the char is more complex  Big Grin )

Lore from the .txt and the second wiki

- It is possible to possess weapons using a ritual, creating a haunted weapon. Such weapons have a drawback, but are rendered more powerful.

- Hexers are capable of stirring up dead spirits with a certain hatred for the living, thus it would be possible for a hexer to find an appropriate spirit that seeks violence.
- Using a dead body to create an amalgama would result in an "undead monster". Considering this haunted weapon is a result of necromancy upon a spear of dragon remains, one could argue that it is essentially a mindless undead, much like Cladis Mortem Null. A non-living creature with a hatred for the living, poised to serve a master (its wielder).
- Since a salamandra is created by infusing a "homonculus shell" with two kinds of blood, it would be reasonable to assume you could create some form of monstrosity by performing the same procedure on a weapon instead of a humanoid "shell". As mentioned in the amalgama section, fusing a soul to a corpse (dragon remains) instead of an artificial creature would result in an undead monster.
- Homonculi can survive by eating other forms of food (in this case, focus and vitality)

For these reasons, I believe it is safe to assume attempting to affix a black spirit to a weapon made of bones and using the Salamandra creation method on it would create the vile, eldritch thing I have described above.

I'm of course open to modifications to the lore and such, and I know it is opening up a can of worms, but I hope we can reach a conclusion because my goal with this application is simply to create an interesting element of the world while supporting my character's themes!

Thanks for reading yet another one of my long posts [url=https://emojipedia.org/folded-hands/][/url]?
Can I ask what sort of abilities/moves you'd roleplay out with the weapon?

As well as what kind of skills you would use in-game to represent them and/or change them up.

As a note you can't roleplay certain skills and magic in the game as something completely different to circumvent taboo honor rules i.e (Roleplaying Malmelo as throwing potions at people.)
(05-09-2022, 08:52 AM)K Peculier Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask what sort of abilities/moves you'd roleplay out with the weapon?

As well as what kind of skills you would use in-game to represent them and/or change them up.

As a note you can't roleplay certain skills and magic in the game as something completely different to circumvent taboo honor rules i.e (Roleplaying Malmelo as throwing potions at people.)
Just the normal moves from the classes Firebird and Hexer. I roleplay him striking the ground or enemies with his spear to create magma explosions like blazing cyclone spear and mage's explosion. Or slice through the air to create a fireball.

I also rp him using the spear to cast hexes on himself, and use it as a casting tool to breathe out wretched oil and salamandra flame. And of course he makes attacks with it that trigger volcanic so I rp it as the spear creating magma explosions.

In short it would not be used for anything beyond the 100% literal skills' effects. The one case that is weapon specific would be evasion ignoring skills, where I roleplay it as the spear redirecting itself on its own to strike true. A call to the fact it is half undead and has a will to hurt the living. (I mean there's no real explanation as to why something like falcon strike ignores evasion so to me this even makes more sense)
(05-09-2022, 11:08 PM)Poruku Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2022, 08:52 AM)K Peculier Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask what sort of abilities/moves you'd roleplay out with the weapon?

Just the normal moves from the classes Firebird and Hexer. I roleplay him striking the ground or enemies with his spear to create magma explosions like blazing cyclone spear and mage's explosion. Or slice through the air to create a fireball.

I also rp him using the spear to cast hexes on himself, and use it as a casting tool to breathe out wretched oil and salamandra flame. And of course he makes attacks with it that trigger volcanic so I rp it as the spear creating magma explosions.

In short it would not be used for anything beyond the 100% literal skills' effects. The one case that is weapon specific would be evasion ignoring skills, where I roleplay it as the spear redirecting itself on its own to strike true. A call to the fact it is half undead and has a will to hurt the living. (I mean there's no real explanation as to why something like falcon strike ignores evasion so to me this even makes more sense)

Alright everything seems fine then. Feel free to go for it with my approval.