NEUS Projects

Full Version: Imperial Navy Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Applicable BYOND Key: DejvInAHat

Character NameConstantine Atoll

Request TypeCharacter Role Request

Request DetailsInterested in play a character with the Imperial Navy Rank of Captain, to command her own ship and hunt down pirates.

Reason why you are making this request:
Wanting to host Naval events and things at sea, as well as interact with the Sigrogana Guard and Army forces. There isn't much going on at sea in SL2, so I feel like this would be a welcome addition.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request:
One of the major towns of the Empire is a port town, and the nation itself has an implied heavy focus on law, order, and military. Having official Naval forces to protect port towns, trade routes, and hunt down pirates and criminals at sea makes sense. The relatively high rank of captain would give this character the means to organize outings for adventurers to participate in, such as hunting sea monsters and bounties, and have a ship under her disposal for such hostings.

(Additional) Obvious Difficulties:
I can imagine some potential friction with other characters who may have rolls in the military. But I also understand the navy is a rather niche- if not totally barren group anyway. I believe the military forces in the Empire have no actual authority over guard or civilian matters, and are expressly given a badge and supplies to do the Empire's bidding, which is what I'm after. I also can imagine a potential difficulty in a character having any kind of authority within a group that exists from official SL2 Lore, being that someone might interpret orders or decrees by this character as somehow reflecting the IC stance of the entire organization, and related lore. However, I understand this would merely be an individual with a rank, and have no intention of trying to pass anything she says or does as the official stance of any group, though I would not seek to have her act outside the scope of what would be expected of a military character, especially one that has the harsh regulations of an official military force.
Could you elaborate more on how your character would had risen through the ranks of the Imperial Navy? As well as how they would have started too.

If possible it might be a better idea to start as a lower rank in the navy and then through an interview with the current Sigrogana guard commander you be given the rank and duties befitting a captain.

If you already had the ship in the first place and were already roleplaying as a captain you might want to opt to being a licensed privateer instead which you don't really need GM approval for.
(05-09-2022, 08:37 AM)K Peculier Wrote: [ -> ]Could you elaborate more on how your character would had risen through the ranks of the Imperial Navy? As well as how they would have started too.

If possible it might be a better idea to start as a lower rank in the navy and then through an interview with the current Sigrogana guard commander you be given the rank and duties befitting a captain.

If you already had the ship in the first place and were already roleplaying as a captain you might want to opt to being a licensed privateer instead which you don't really need GM approval for.

I have already RP'd in this manner before guard reworks took effect, but I'm more than happy to retcon such as privateer for the sake of consistency! In the mean time, I will list her as a rather patriotic privateer, who merely hates PAPERWORK. But will attempt to have her interviewed to see if she could apply for such duties and rank.
Thank you very much!
As for the first question, it would have primarily through pirate hunting and guarding merchant vessels. But this is something that could be done as a privateer as well, so I'm not that picky!
Alright then, in that case feel free to go through the privateer route without any issues.