NEUS Projects

Full Version: Rest Beat Should Not Cure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 49bed8a2d70a8836dfa4516d250e6d47-png.jpg]

Dancer has a dedicated immobilize cleanse and right now immobilize or any other way to lock down a Dancer is an incredibly potent way to counter them.

Countering classes, as a note, is not a bad thing. Classes that dive all in on a gimmick should be subject to being punished accordingly!

Giving them a bit of counter play is fine. You have a clearly set standard - someone immobilizes the dancer, the dancer suffers. The dancer can spend a slot and some skill points and some momentum to counter-actively cleanse their immobilize - think Verglas and Winter's Bite against ice reflection/absorption.

Giving them a potentially large self heal is fine, having it ALSO be an answer to status counterplay is not.

This seems like a case of a skill (or given the state of Dancer, perhaps the class) having simply too much. I could go into why a movement-centric DPS class shouldn't have some of the most free damage in the game but I'll save that for another thread.
Rest Beat should be to end their tempo's ramping FP cost and give them a good amount of healing on top of that and an FP restore, I also agree that the cleansing could be way too powerful for the skill.
i feel like rest beat would be fixed just by not allowing it to be used while under the effects that, uh, prevent dancing. force them to use the clenase, or in frozen's case, struggle. these things SHOULD be the counter to dancer...
I'm actually surprised that it could cleanse immoblize/clumsy type effects at all given that they have a long CD button dedicated to it. Hard agree that it shouldn't remove effects that stop dances at the very least. Other than that, a self cleanse is probably fine overall imo due to it costing your tempo stacks.
I agree, it shouldn't be able to cure things that affect movement, since they already have a button for it, which mind you, also gives immunity for several rounds.

Dancer's just uncounterable at the moment, and needs a little of a bap on that aspect.
even if you skip over the movement-based ones, cleansing that many status effects on top of everything else it does is just INSANE. you could cut that down to one status effect every TWO tempo and it'd still be EXTREMELY good.
Consider other promo class options for cleansing debuffs like negotiation and how much setup and problems they require and how powerful they still end up being.

Dancer has been overtuned since day one. They have something for everything and still deal massive damage on top of that in ways that other classes can't replicate.