NEUS Projects

Full Version: Nighthunt Bow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the nighthunt bow needs a buff. Seems bad. 
Reasons I think its bad:
1: Scaling.
Str is fine on a bow. But Res scaling? That's pretty bad, for a bow that's designed to help dodging.
2: Stats
Just generally lackluster stats. 8 Base power, 80 base accuracy, 0 base critical. 3 base range.
3: Effect. The effect is only -5 skill on hit for two turns. Which, in today's world with most  everyone overcapping skill, only equates to probably around -5 to -8 hit on the target.  Other weapons can do much more than that. Heck, moonblade gives +5 to +10 hit when it attacks!

I'd love to see the weapon buffed, the scaling changed, and/or the effect made a little less terrible. I think -10 hit would be fine. Or maybe it upgrades fear status to something else, or like, only does the -10 hit when someone is feared on hit.
Unfortunately, that's Bows in general. They don't have good scaling and their effects are kind of lackluster with the exception of some of the more recent ones like the Fortune's Favour.

I wish I could offer ways to improve them, but for the most part they need a ground up rework on a per item basis to be brought up to spec with other weapons.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the best bows at the moment are usually mutated weapons. Which speaks volumes when Mutation was slapped with a -5 hit nerf recently. It says something when an axe is a better bow than a bow.

Even mutated daggers are better bows than bows.
What Kaz said, Bows right now are FUBAR.
I agree, but even compared to OTHER bows I think this one is just miles away the worst in the game.
-5 hit? Laughable.
Res scaling on a bow? Also awful.

-10 hit would at least feel like something, Starshooter gets faith scaling which is a little better, a good effect, better stats, and creates a -20 hit light shaft on whomever you hit. Making tiles are worse than direct debuffs generally, but -5 hit is almost nothing, and -20 hit is a pretty good amount.

Give it better scaling and make it apply -10 hit and I think it'd at least have a niche.
Now that farshot is so much bigger, I don't think Dev has to be so scared making decent bows, their 18 range isn't as big of a deal.