NEUS Projects

Full Version: Zerans in Korvara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So hear me out! I understand that Zerans aren't allowed in Korvara specifically because they were created in Sigrogana by Zera. . .However! What if we allowed the race in Korvara anyway?

We could flavor them as a Reaper variant, like how we have elves and wild elves. They both have horns. And the crown of heaven, and self belief could be easily interpreted as them being a prideful group of reapers who consider themselves above those who have not reached Lazarus as they had?

Zerans are cool and have cool racials, and i'd love to see them playable in some capacity!
alternatively, ship wrecked Zerans from sigro, with no means to go home.
If glykins exist then why not zerans? We have a million races that are specifically god-based. There's no reason to make it complicated, just release the race and they're proud people with horns
If truly needed we could have some Korvara-unique variants of those.
Zerans not being allowed certainly confused me, I would have understood Naga given their Ritual that makes them specifically from snake people. But since thats handwaved for Korvara, might as well add Zerans?

We have plenty races there that technically shouldn't exist for diversity with no explaination.
I don't fully remember why? Something something, worship, something something horns.
Word of God is that Zerans aren't in Korvara because they're exclusively from Alstalsia which doesn't exist here. Mechanations also got the ban for being from the Mechana Forest (which Papillions are also technically from yet aren't banned), and Lich/Dullahan/Vampire all got banned for being immortal but we still got Elves.

So, yeah, aside from Liches and Vampires who have IC get-out-of-death free cards I don't see why any other races should've been banned if the logic isn't consistent. We have tons of races with origins specifically in Sigrogana yet we got them just fine in Korvara. The Papillion one makes the least sense since Mechanations got banned for being from the same place.
I think the only major problem is that nobody really considered any lore to write up for Papillion or naga that would make them more specific to Korvara. There is of course a reason for any race to exist or to not exist, but everyone just kinda figured 'well they're just kinda around. I guess.' Reasonably, in the planning stages of Korvara, someone could have figured that all out.

I don't see any particular reason to include Zeran or Mechanations besides a few fun mechanics there. There are plenty of races you can play that have horns.

For Mechanation, I can see so many reasons not to. Without solid lore for where they come from, they're just a bit weird to play. Where Papillion could at least be handwaved to be from any source of corruption that other corrupted races get changed by or one other odd source specifically near Korvara, Mechanations require a specific item and a lot of development of said item to exist. More importantly, it would require a lot of the mysteries still included in Sigrogana to be divulged for them to be in the much more player driven Korvaran lorescape since these are the same worlds.

For Zeran, their powers don't really thematically work unless they have something to be proud about. They'd be doubly odd on Korvara, and if there's ever a bridge between the two settings it would be incredibly bizarre for Sigroganan Zeran to learn that people who looked just like them exhibited the exact same powers as them despite not having that connection.

Elves work because they work just as much here as they do on Sigrogana.

Liches and Vampires don't work because they don't fit the theme of a consequence driven atmosphere.

Dullahan don't work because we really don't need everyone flexing a ridiculous Dullahan build in PVP every time there's a war. They were made to be fun in an environment without implicit competition. With that competition now involved, they would just not be fun.

I like mechanation and Zeran as much as the next player, but I don't think they're necessary. Also, the 'crashed a ship on Korvara' pursuit is the opposite of what a lot of people wanted early off. That kind of sudden injection of Sigrogana lore into Korvara would neuter a lot of current conflicts and change a lot, especially if people started to conveniently take to the existence of actual, real gods with tangible benefits to their worship.
Zerans being flavored as a breed of Reapers would entirely be the reason they're so proud of themselves. They're higher than mortals, having walked the maze of Lazarus. You're not even mentioning how Phenexes have their self revive powers based on the phoenix god, which isn't even a thing in Korvara.
The difference between Zerans and Papilions mostly boils down to that each race has a fundamental truth to how it was created, and the god-born races of Korvara are not exempt from this either. The characters of that race in Korvara simply just do not know the truth. The only one I would argue could be different would be Naga perhaps.

So no Zerans can't be a different breed of Reapers, they would be Zerans. In addition, phenexes have their revival powers still based on Helondis, that information is just not known to them. Korvara still takes place in the same world as the rest of SL2.
Pages: 1 2