NEUS Projects

Full Version: Re-Leaping Lizard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently Leaping Lizard has a weird stipulation, it cannot be used while you're already airborne, which makes sense but it specifically clashes with Corbies in this case.

I am currently complaining about a very specific interaction that annoys me greatly, so forgive me but this is going to be a rather selfish request and I am fully willing to admit that, ultimately it does not change anything however except make this easier for me to use specifically.

The Corbie's racial ability "Stay Afloat" when ticked on, allows you to stay airborne when using any ability, this pairs well with Windstream enchantment and allows you to remain airborne in 1 cohesive and fluid experience, until the airborne status runs out anyway, this is fine this is what the enchantment is meant for. But the optimal gameplay pattern in the case of being able to refresh your airborne status for 0m cost (Leaping Lizard beside an enemy or with Snake Dancer buff) is to turn off Stay Afloat for the first attack, then leaping lizard, then turn on Stay Afloat, and use the 2nd ability, this toggling becomes increasingly annoying for PvE purposes when you have to do this each time to retain your 1m mobility gimmick.

This toggling situation would be fixed by simply allowing Leaping Lizard to be used while airborne already, this doesn't have to make the most sense, and the momentum refund on Leaping Lizard only occurs once a turn afaik (It could have been changed in the DH update)
I'd like to add on to this by saying that this has been an issue for a while in very specific builds(I had this as a serious problem that hampered my ability to dual-wield skymantis scythes while taking advantage of DH, in the past).
I forget why the restriction was there, but I guess we'll find out, because I removed it.