NEUS Projects

Full Version: Quick Rise (to your doom)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rogue's Quick Rise is incredibly underwhelming for a main class skill. This is simply due to the fact that you have to jump through a relatively large hoop of evading while knocked down to proc it, which is pretty slim to none considering being knocked down already lowers your evade by a specific percentage (not a flat number). In my experience trying to utilize it multiple times, the chances are you are not likely going to evade anything and continue to get beat on simply due to the state of hit and evade. It procs once in a blue moon and it's specific to how much hit your enemy has which is always going to be high in many scenarios. I'd like to suggest a change in how it works and maybe introduce a formula. Something like if attacked while knocked down your chances to proc glancing/evade are increased by guile or celerity/4 % chance through trickery and if done so you get up. Also open to suggestions!
I agree here. I also don't understand why its a main class only skill. Maybe it should just passively reduce the evasion loss for knockdown as well?
Firebird and martial artist both just, can ignore the momentum loss from knockdown, and without jumping through many hoops. Martial Artist just requires an unarmored torso, and Firebird just requires 12 feathers.
Quick Rise should also make it so you get no Evade penalties for being knocked down, to be honest. Or at the very least, give it a new condition that makes it so if you take any damage, there is a (Scaled CEL)% chance to end knockdown.

Only like this, the skill would deserve being Main Class only.

Otherwise, make it not be Main Class only, and that's enough a "fix" for this issue. It does have a role, but the situations where it procs are extremely rare now that SKI is mandatory and any evade debuff can mean the end of a dodge's life.
There are multiple avenues to buff this skill, but it absolutely needs something to make it worthwhile.