NEUS Projects

Full Version: Devil's Tome rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently Devil's tome feels far too limiting, the drawback being too huge in my opinion.
It only affects fire damage the weapon does, which doesn't even affect elemental augmentation, and already requires strength and wil scaling.

The main issue I have with it, is the lack of non fire related spells, because it also negates your ability to use blink, space swap, and a few other spells that feel like they should be usable. (Like Riagiri for example, which can be changed to fire, but still counts as a general spell.)

So I propose a simple solution: Devil's tome sets all of your elemental attacks to zero, except fire while its equipped. This would effectively make all of your non fire domain spells pretty terrible, while still allowing you to utilize non damaging spells like Blink.

I would also be fine with non damaging spells being fine, but that would require more coding I imagine.

Alternatively, allow it to also cast Huggosean spells, which fits the devil's theme and also would still allow you to cast blink.
Eh, a bit harsh, I would just ask for general domain spells be allowed
That'd be a significant buff.

I'd rather make it so you take unresistable Hellfire damage equal to 15% of your maximum HP, every time you use non-Nerifian spells instead.
5.....5%

that'd be like 50 damage still on normal 1k health strength mage builds.
Huggosean would make more sense, and be better than general spells, since blink and space swap are Huggosean for some strange reason.
I think the point of Devil's Tome is that its a high reward for a high price, being able to have access to a damage type that just isn't resistible is no small boon. It should be considered heavily, is the trade off for going in on unresistable damage worth the lack of mobility via the disabling of blink? That is something many have to consider when using it.

Fire Mages shouldn't be having this as their best in slot tome in 100% of cases, and if you just give them the thing that is supposed to be holding the weapon back (cause who cares about other spells) then you're touching upon the balancing factor of the weapon.

I disagree, I think Devil's Tome is fine where it is. If you make it versatile then you're taking value away from fire resist, and that shouldn't happen. Exgalfa one shotters will have to rely on their allies to move them around with abilities like Rescue, Castling, bash etc.

I think the only domain it shouldn't disallow is general domain spells, such as with Runes.
(10-26-2022, 06:28 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, a bit harsh, I would just ask for general domain spells be allowed

Very few spells are general domain.

Blink and swap position are Huggesoan.

The only general spell I can think of off the top of my head is firebird's "Lift off"
(10-27-2022, 01:13 PM)lordpidey Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2022, 06:28 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, a bit harsh, I would just ask for general domain spells be allowed

The only general spell I can think of off the top of my head is firebird's "Lift off"

Lift Off, Runes (they do count) and Custom Tome Spells specifically.
(10-26-2022, 02:56 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]That'd be a significant buff.

I'd rather make it so you take unresistable Hellfire damage equal to 15% of your maximum HP, every time you use non-Nerifian spells instead.

(10-27-2022, 01:33 PM)Autumn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 01:13 PM)lordpidey Wrote: [ -> ]

Lift Off, Runes (they do count) and Custom Tome Spells specifically.
yeah this is what I was thinking off

Specifically for hellfire rune mages and Dual tome wielders getting off a hellfire custom spell (i figure its worth the investment of both weapon slot)