NEUS Projects

Full Version: Fire breath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hyattrs used to be kings, but nowadays fire breath is very underwhelming. There are three big issues with fire breath currently:

1: In korvara you can't use prayer which massively nerfs pure fire breath builds.
2: Fire breath does not do enough for a 9m investment. Even with the prayer it's just too weak, especially because you can't benefit from class features like evoker's bonus damage
3: 3m fire breath is laughably weak so you have to spend that 9m to get anything done

I think it could benefit from higher scaling overall, especially its base form before energy buffs. I'd love for fire breath to have an excel sort of playstyle but without excel of course.
maybe make it 100% swa+150% fire attack scaling base?
Idk if it should use SWA but it would certainly be better than basing it on level and raw san. Could also go for some unique scaling like double SAN. It certainly needs some decent fire atk scaling baseline imo
Swa is good because anyone can use it, even folks just using fire breath potions
Fire breath potion should really be its own thing anyone can use, not a copy of the hyattr racial. I like having an attack that does use san because it introduces a unique way/reason to build SAN. It's a different way to craft a char instead of it being possible to use effectively with any build
I agree fully that fire breath needs to be retooled. it was fine back before the great reckoning because scaled weapon attack wasn't a thing. . .But now, just like shooting star, its completely useless.

Salamandra breath is 100% Fire attack + 100% SWA. and i'd be okay with this. But if we wanted it to retain sanctity investment, then it really should be 2x sanctity + Half level baseline damage. If you manage to get 60 scaled sanctity, which isn't the easiest as a hyattyr, that'd be 150 base power. Which is STILL crap. . . But still better than it was, at least. . .
(11-06-2022, 03:14 PM)Poruku Wrote: [ -> ]Hyattrs used to be kings, but nowadays fire breath is very underwhelming. There are three big issues with fire breath currently:

1: In korvara you can't use prayer which massively nerfs pure fire breath builds.
2: Fire breath does not do enough for a 9m investment. Even with the prayer it's just too weak, especially because you can't benefit from class features like evoker's bonus damage
3: 3m fire breath is laughably weak so you have to spend that 9m to get anything done

I think it could benefit from higher scaling overall, especially its base form before energy buffs. I'd love for fire breath to have an excel sort of playstyle but without excel of course.

This feels like a shorter summary of the massive tangent I made. Still, you love to see it.
I'm all for Fire Breath being worth using, as long as it's no longer a hard counter to Rune Mage.
Salamandra's Flames are much more powerful then Fire-breath...