NEUS Projects

Full Version: Iosefka Priest/Hemomancy reflavour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BYOND Key: Oeden Doctor

Character Name/Alias: Iosefka Vanderlin/Cold Military Doctor.

Request: Class re-flavour (Priest to Hemomancy)

My character has been studying hemomancy for some time, under some guidance of knight(Revistartii's player, an expert hemomancer) to make sure everything is lore appropriate and accurate. However, as part of this happening Iosefka can no longer use Gleamweaving as part of her spiritual possession.

I was trying to come up with ways to resolve this character arc, and I had an idea to flavour priest spells as hemomancy ones. Restoration can be restoring blood back into the body, healing burns can be speeding up the body's chemical process of scar tissue so on so forth.

Now I know you can reflavour spells as you want in the RP guidelines, but I am hesitant for ONE reason. That being priest is Mercala and hemomancy is occult. The way that Revistartii's and Iosekfa's hemomancy works is far more restorative based than something like Ghost, more of a control over bodily works than it is curses and voodoo.

If there is any additional information you wish to know I'd be more than happy to provide.
I don't think the raw numbers of healing that priest currently gets with light spells could be as potent with blood-related powers considering we already have in-game powers that provide a type of healing from blood such as from the Ghost class.

You could maybe get away with it if it was aquamancy since many of its healing effects are regenerative in nature and you could follow along a liquid theme.
(11-12-2022, 07:38 AM)K Peculier Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the raw numbers of healing that priest currently gets with light spells could be as potent with blood-related powers considering we already have in-game powers that provide a type of healing from blood such as from the Ghost class.

You could maybe get away with it if it was aquamancy since many of its healing effects are regenerative in nature and you could follow along a liquid theme.
I could vibe with that, I could still use it to finish my character arc this way and wrap things up in a neat little bow. Thank you Pec^^
If you decided on aquamancer spells then feel free to go ahead.