NEUS Projects

Full Version: Elemental Impacto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, earth elemental impacts are generally fairly meh. It's not like it's super bad, it's just boring and doesn't impart much of a change in playstyle. Not to mention there's no visual effect.

In addition, ice and fire are often rather lackluster. The tiles are just not that good, especially compared to the sheer power of lightning and the incredible mobility that wind gives you.

The only skills you want earth enchant for currently are shinken and heaven's kick.
The only skill you want ice enchant for is crystal rose.
Of course, crescent rook and bishop are good because of the changed scaling, but that's true for any element. Same could be said of ignite power.

Here are some ideas

Earth:
- Cyclone spear and other skills sprouting vines

- Execute applying and consuming a crystallize effect(?)
- Small magnetize effects on stuff like sidecut and kensei skills

Fire:
- Since fire is tied to raw destruction I could see it get damage bonuses more than earth. Mostly in the form of something like a little 15 damage-ish fire extra damage instead of making tiles for certain skills (especially the skills that don't place the tiles on your enemy, like hirazuki). This would synergize with salamander sword.
- Maybe the cinder tiles could get a bit of a glowup. Maybe to 15 or so.
Burn is too strong to freely give to a physical build, but what if there was a nerfed version? Some other kind of fire dot that doesn't shred tanks would be fun, since I think damage over time is such a staple of fire as a whole in gaming.

Ice:
- Frostbite should probably be applied by a few skills. And what if frostbite made you take extra damage when ice damage is received? So like it amplifies ice damage in a unique way that can't get too crazy. Take a bonus 10 ice damage when you take 100 or more for example.
- Slow is pretty weak, but I think ice could really use some more slowing skills.

What do you guys think? I'd like to see these elements brought up to the level of lightning and wind. When making a kensei for instance, it really feels like going fire is a mistake, and I wish it was at least somewhat spicier to warrant going "yeah this isn't gonna shred like lightning crits, but it has its own niche and is worth using"