NEUS Projects

Full Version: Mercalan Mist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Buffing one of the strongest pve classes isn't the "fix" lategame evade needs
I wouldn't say this is meant to fix the lategame or anything.

I just think Mercalan Mist is currently not fullfilling its function as a support skill, in the way it should.

Healing? heavy investment in stats and still even at full strength half as effective in healing than Aquadancers Rain+RF, and rain has way more additional effects + Speedcasting.

Lighting debuff? Currently its biggest Selling point, by far. People usually use it for this, which Is very niche and I think not exactly the main idea of the Mist to conceal someone.

Evade buff? In theory good. I practice not so much. Cause lets be honest, if you want to support your dodger who struggles to dodge, you won't be using Mercalan Mist, because your dodger in most cases will be always sitting at buff cap, therefore not really caring for your buff, and if they care for it you kinda have easier options to buff them with, quicker. Thats also why simply swapping Evade boni to Hit Mali is a BIG buff and difference.

Mercalan Mist currently does a lot of things but nothing truly well, for the investment/duration, except for the Lightning resist debuff, thats when used right and combined with like Soaked effects is very powerful. But I do not think that was ever meant as its primary function. So to me Mercalan Mist kinda just misses its own flavor, which I find sad. If it was me? I would entirely cut the lightning resist debuff and make it do less different things, but those well.

I personally dislike skills that have no real identity and try to be jack of all trades. It makes them be uninteresting for the majority of builds and niche skills. but thats just my two cents on the matter.
Ren's got a good idea but my problem is its usage in PvE. Some high-end mobs could still hit me and my team reliably despite sacrificing a whole round for it.

If it could be put to 50 Evade, BUT have Blind Fighting halving it to its current value of 25, it'd be a nice fix to the reason this thread is even up.
(02-15-2023, 03:56 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Ren's got a good idea but my problem is its usage in PvE. Some high-end mobs could still hit me and my team reliably despite sacrificing a whole round for it.

If it could be put to 50 Evade, BUT have Blind Fighting halving it to its current value of 25, it'd be a nice fix to the reason this thread is even up.

This isn't a Mercalan mist problem.
This is a 'new mobs have 250 hit and bosses have like 270 hit' problem. 

You can only feasibly cap to like 210, you're gonna get hit even if you cap evade.

Capping an entire team's evade with upside is pretty nuts too honestly.
Exactly what Caliaca says, Kunai, your problem isn't "It does too little evade buff", its the mobs have too much hit for you to counter as support. I also seen some with like 290ish hit its obvious you get hit by them even if you cap out evade. I explained why thats happening right above your post too.

Thats why I suggested a debufff, because then you can buff cap to 210ish and have monster hit reduced to 240ish~ or lower on some mobs thats a way more reasonable dodge rate in PvE,(still being mindful to not get flanked) and the PVP aspect is covered by trait investment. Or it just flat out gets it worked into mercalan mist that its slightly more effective in PvE situations.
thus my point that this isn't the fix we need. The problem is evasion as a whole and making mercalan mist the only way to dodge anything isn't a good idea
Just give mobs stat scaling. . . And remove mobs bonus stat caps.
Currently all non player characters have no stat scalings and also still retain the +20 bonus stat limit.
Isn't this the problem with any Invocation, they just aren't good enough to actually use? Maybe if Charge Mind were to effect ALL invocation or maybe Invocationg et a 3x boost instead of a 2.5x boost.
(02-27-2023, 11:40 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this the problem with any Invocation, they just aren't good enough to actually use? Maybe if Charge Mind were to effect ALL invocation or maybe Invocationg et a 3x boost instead of a 2.5x boost.

No, that's not really the problem here. Mist can get pretty decent value in late game stuff since everything takes 1 turn to reach you regardless, essentially letting a lot of invos just be free value.

There's a lot of incredibly good invocations in the game and something like Isenshi now getting a 3x boost instead of a 2.5x boost would likely be absolutely absurdly overpowered.

Anyways, the real problem here is late game mob scaling having too much hit. The reason only half filling up evade bars feels bad is because unless you're above 205 (full 50) you're not really going to dodge anything or even really get glances. 
What actually needs to change isn't Mercalan Mist but removing boss hit by 10-15 and mob hit by 10-15 as well.
Charge mind is goated, good enough to be a main only skill even I Think. But then the rest of evoker falls pretty flat, so maybe not.
And a lot of invocations ARE good, but generally only if you're an evoker, as the invocation boosting passives they have are just about mandatory.
Pages: 1 2