NEUS Projects

Full Version: Metalaegis is better than a BK (Sacrifice, again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5 rounds for something Metalaegis can do constantly is too high for a skill that's pretty much its copy-paste without anything extra attached to it. It's also a missing opportunity how it doesn't interact with Black Wind at all, so. Here's my penned wild ideas.

Favorite is just Idea B since it's kinda all it needs, really. The keyword here is frequency, not its effects.

Quote:Idea A

- If you do not have Black Wind active, range is increased to 5 and you teleport to your targeted ally, applying Sacrifice to them.
- If you have Black Wind active, all ally units in 4 range will be affected by Sacrifice (Enhanced), which lets you take damage in their place if they are within 3 range of you instead.
- Cooldown stays 5 Rounds.

Quote:Idea B

- Base Cooldown is reduced from 5 to 4 rounds.
- Momentum cost is reduced to 0M.
- Additional Effect: Cooldown is reduced by 1 round, per Shield or Heavy Armor torso you have equipped. (max. 2)

Quote:Idea C

- Sacrifice gets reworked into a 'Tank Stance'. Costs 6+M to activate and deactivate. Deactivating it puts it on an 8 round Cooldown.
- While active, all damage you deal, your Status Infliction and your Status Resistance are all reduced by 70%, and your movement is capped at 4.
- X% chance you will take any direct damage in the place of any allied unit within 2 range of you, if the unit is not under the Sacrifice status. (X = Black Knight's Level + Scaled DEF/2)
I feel like the "Protector" aspect of BK isn't really touched up enough (especially with the passive itself being broken cough cough cough), so I'm all for trying to put some variety into the class rather than the good ol' unga bunga take-and-dish-out

I'd like the first idea mostly because I feel like the Black Wind interactions are honestly rather lacking, and feel more like an afterthought rather than something the class would've been based around
I just think sacrifice needs a lower cd, really.
And/or Metalaegis needs to have a higher cd on its. It has a 0cd, it can protect two things per turn if it really wants to. Kinda toxic at times, but there's always some counterplay to moving them, which is also counterplay to black knights. (Though they often use spiked treads.)
Metalaegis is kinda op, but it's also certainly more squishy than a bk. I think it makes sense that you can't simply tank everything for your glass cannon buddy.

That being said, instead of doing this, how about we finally fix protector
I dunno if its really THAT much more squishy than a BK, really. It can't use guard is the only real drawback. But a tactician can fix that easily. Stalemate is pretty easy to get around generally.
Level 70 Metalaegis has: 933 health, 60 defense, 58 resistance. (54% Physical reduction, 52.2% Magical reduction) Which you get by destinying.
Level 55 Metalaegis has: 802 health, 50 defense, 48 resistance. (45% Physical Reduction, 43.2% Magical reduction.) Which you get by not destinying.

Non destiny is a good bit less tanky, but still pretty good at being tanky i'd say. Especially for a summon unit.
Either way. . .

I'd like to see the cooldown reduced, 5 turns is kinda crazy.
I would also like it to have no cooldown if you're Black Knight / Black Knight.
I Think that's fair and valid, personally.

I would also be fine with protect being buffed.
Cooldown is kinda silly if it functions pretty much identical to Metalaegis. A lot of new stuff is getting really long cooldowns though whereas old stuff has none or is receiving it over time.