NEUS Projects
Selachii Revision for GR - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Selachii Revision for GR (/showthread.php?tid=3093)

Pages: 1 2 3

Selachii Revision for GR - Bjarn - 07-27-2016

I decided I'd revise this for the GR in case there is any more interest in, well, having it be a thing.

A race of amphibious coastal dwellers, mostly dwelling off the northern banks of Karatynn, the Selachii are humanoid, and some say blessed by Charachin, as they possess some fish-like traits to them. They possess a functional set of gills and lungs, and are able to go between land and water quite easily, in addition to usually having a large fin or crest either along the top of their head or along their back. Known for having a tribalistic society and a vicious temperament, the average Selachii is rarely seen in civilized lands and most people view them as a curiosity. Some even view them as monsters, due to their capricious and savage nature.

Base
STR 9
WIL 0
SKI 8
CEL 8
DEF 1
RES 1
VIT 4
FAI 0
LUC 1
GUI 3
SAN 2
APT 3

Racial Abilities:

- Gnash: Opening their mouths wide, the Selachii takes a giant chomp out of the enemy, causing them to start bleeding. Does unresistable pierce damage equal to 4 + 50% STR + 50% SAN, and applies Blooded to the opponent. Blooded causes STR/10 damage per turn, and can be stacked. Blooded lasts for 5 turns or if the person gains healing from any source.

- Under The Depths: Due to gills, the Selachii absorb water damage. Unfortunately, due to the fact that they are so very in tune with water, they suffer from a 50% electric weakness.

- Bloodfrenzy: Each stack of Blooded adds +1 to each physical stat (STR, SKI, CEL), +10% of SAN. For instance, having 3 stacks of blooded and 30 SAN and 30 STR means that you now have 36 STR. This counts as bonus stats, not base.

- Rough Skin: The skin of the Selachii is rough and coarse, almost like sandpaper. You could cut yourself on it if you aren't careful. Every melee attack or ability gives 10% of the damage back to whoever caused it.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Snake - 07-28-2016

0 willpower will bring FP problems, lol. Make it 0 RES instead of 0 WIL.
Also, extra Aptitude is for Mechanations/Humans only. Because they get no 'neat bonuses' for being common.
The melee damage return should be at MA skills/Fists only. (Even though, some fists are protected, so here's it.)
(Sorry if this is not the place to post it.)

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Egil - 07-28-2016

> strongest racials I've ever seen
> fish people
> imagining the hell of Bloodfrenzy being paired with Ghost

[Image: Simon-Cowell-Gif.gif]

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Autumn - 07-28-2016

Everything sounds super broken racial wise, as I have brought up before, absorption is super strong, I'll bring up the last point I brought up last time, and suggest it be a resistance, anything else is too strong.

Any sort of amphibious race is not something I'm opposed to though.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Chaos - 07-28-2016

"Spoops" Wrote:absorption is super strong
Absorb on player side is a joke. Nihilists were made to completely screw them over without recourse, since the wearer would often have no immunities/absorbs themselves, and their target often had serious downsides to their absorb effect. The only thing you would have to change about that racial, if you wanted to balance it out, is making the Lightning weakness stronger. However, since it can be deactivated with a no-cost-to-you hand equipment, I seriously doubt it needs to be made that dire.

Anyways, here's what I think:

-Gnash and Bloodfrenzy seem fine so far. I say this due to the fact they both rely on a status that can be swatted off with any sort of healing
-Under the Depths seems a bit on the strong side, but considering Nihilists, I'm willing to give it a shot
-Rough Skin sounds interesting, and seems rather tame
-I would set APT to 0 and put those points towards GUI and VIT, since this race is less about being all-around and more about being up in someone's face

The only issue I see with the race is that I feel it's a little too much of an aquatic version of Shaitans. That's just me, however.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Joseph Jostar - 07-28-2016

The race as a whole sounds pretty interesting, though the high base CEL on top of STR and SKI seems a little much. Something something, a fish out of water.

- Re: Bloodfrenzy, is that to say that 10% of SAN is added as a bonus if blooded is inflicted, and then a further +1 for every stack of it? Otherwise your 30 SAN example would be getting +4 to three stats for every stack of it they inflicted. Having to inflict it manually with a racial skill seems a little wonky as well. Something I think would be interesting would be Bloodfrenzy responding to a Selachii's own wounded conditions instead (like Claret Call or Lingering Damage), getting all worked up from the scent of their OWN blood.
- Gnash seems a little on the weak side, besides being unresistable, as does blooded (especially if natural regeneration kills it). It would probably be simpler to replace blooded with lingering damage as per the above with a short duration that resets when you reapply it.
- Any kind of absorb is probably a little too much for a flat racial (even if water damage is quite rare), and 50% lightning weakness is crippling against a lot of the current meta. A resist and weakness pair that increases and decreases respectively for every X points of SAN would probably be more appropriate.
- Coarse skin scaling off of the enemy's damage is probably a little too much, even if 10% doesn't seem all that high. Have you considered a small amount of unresistable damage instead, maybe scaling up slightly with SAN and/or DEF? (Maybe a tad stronger if it gets changed to vs Fist weapons/skills only).

That's all my two cents, anyway.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Sawrock - 07-28-2016

The SKI, CEL, and SKI are way too high. I'd lower all three to six, and raise WIL by 3, DEF by 2, and RES by 2. I'd also lower APT by 3, and raise GUI by 1, LUC by 2.

Edit: If this race ever gets in, I'd also like for the race to have more of a variety of appearance, for use of fish people from One Piece, etc.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Bjarn - 07-28-2016

What I would LIKE to do for the absorb, instead of its current implementation, is to have a SAN*2% scaling absorb (Capping at 100), where the damage that is absorbed is lessened, so say it only absorbs 20% instead of 100%. I don't know if that is capable in the code, however, hence my hesitation at making it scale that way. I generally agree with most of the other points brought up about stats, other than the STR SKI and CEL being too high. I understand dropping APT and raising GUI and LUC, but this is a one trick pony race, namely, pure physical aggression, and they're meant to be rather squishy.

The MAIN reason I don't think that the Rough Skin is that bad is even if someone is pushing 200+ damage with every melee attack, that's only 20 damage returned, which can be reduced by defenses or armor or whatever. So IMO it's really not that big of a deal.

I discussed how healing and regeneration works, and my idea to fix that is simple: Only healing above the amount you're getting damaged per turn by bloodied will remove the status, so your average regen (unless you are stacking regen like a fiend) won't cure it.

I did have a thought to change the Blooded status effect to the same one caused by the other bleed causing weapons, which would stack and make Bloodfrenzy actually pretty dang scary (and also make those weapons more useful).

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Autumn - 07-28-2016

Absorb is too strong to give to a single race, forcing somebody to equip a nihilist for your race isn't something I'd like to see, once again I'll just say that absorbs should only belong on items.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Bjarn - 07-29-2016

"Spoops" Wrote:Absorb is too strong to give to a single race, forcing somebody to equip a nihilist for your race isn't something I'd like to see, once again I'll just say that absorbs should only belong on items.

The ONLY reason I see it as fair is because there are just so very few classes that use it and none actively specialize in it. If it was an element like say earth where a person's build could be reasonably shut down by that one absorb, then yes I see the point. But as it stands, with water as a marginal damage source and the classes that have it having far better and damage sources that aren't water, it's fine in my opinion. Having a water absorb will not force anybody to equip a nihilist, they will just use a different spell, it's no different than resists. In a way it's actually easier to counter than to resist, because you have the ability to negate it completely with a nihilist.