NEUS Projects
Board Shaker - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Board Shaker (/showthread.php?tid=4651)

Pages: 1 2

Board Shaker - Lonestar - 06-14-2017

Currently, Board Shaker, a Black Knight skill, is the most underused BK skill, but for good reasons.
1. Its FP cost is incredibly high, almost on a level of a Invocation. (25 FP at level 1, 37FP at level 5)
2. The damage is incredibly low, even to the point that you'll hit 0 damage on someone with decent defense/Earth Resist.
3. Having an unnecessary damage cap, hell, a very low one at least. (125 at max level)
4. It's just a small AoE with small damage. There's nothing new or unique about this and not even Elemental Impact applies to it.

So the proposal here is to buff this skill, so it can have its moment of glory, with the followed ideas:
Board Shaker becomes a skill that can only be used if the user is wearing Heavy Armor.
a.Reducing the FP cost of this skill, to at least less than 30 FP.
b.Removing the Damage Cap of this skill, or increase it by a large amount.
c. Giving it an extra effect, like for example a knockdown if you have X Weight, on the cost of giving it a Cooldown.

Thoughts?

Re: Board Shaker - Snake - 06-14-2017

I like the suggestion. The skill is one of those that don't have anything special about it. Golem from Lantern Bearer does the same, but also gives +5 DEF/RES to everybody in the ratio, and Isenshi obliterates people. Board Shaker just... does like 40-50 Earth damage and that's it.

Personally I would go for:
Quote:- Only usable if wearing Heavy Armor.
- Inflicts Knockdown, if your Torso's weight > the enemy Torso's weight.
- No damage cap, and change the scalings to: 100% Scaled STR + Torso's Weight * (Rank) bonus Earth Magic Damage.
- 3 round cooldown.

Re: Board Shaker - Autumn - 06-14-2017

+1 to Snake's suggestion here, that'd push the skill to be wondrous and worth using by far.

Re: Board Shaker - GSM - 06-14-2017

I ran a test with the Galren badge Quaking Crystal Rose with my Ghost/BK Reaper build, and did the same with Board Shaker as it currently is.

Sublime Empress's turn.
Weak! Sand Shark takes 161 Earth physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Rebellion Trigger)
Sublime Empress's turn.
Weak! Sand Shark takes 128 Earth magical damage. (Board Shaker)

This was the exact same enemy.

When a base class skill can do more damage and have more utility than a promoted class skill, I start to have an issue. But I digress.

I agree with Snake's suggestion, although I'm a bit iffy on making it a 3 round cooldown. I'd say 2 round cooldown if anything.

Re: Board Shaker - Fern - 06-14-2017

I like Snake's suggestion. I have not seen this skill used for about an actual year now.

Re: Board Shaker - Nanovelich - 06-14-2017

"GSM" Wrote:I agree with Snake's suggestion, although I'm a bit iffy on making it a 3 round cooldown. I'd say 2 round cooldown if anything.
With the right armor difference, it's an instant AOE knockdown that only requires 3m. Most other knockdown methods require positioning, a combination of moves, and/or the blessing of RNG. This Board Shaker only requires you to confirm with one use if your armor outweighs theirs, after which it's a guaranteed success or failure. 3m drop with a good amount of damage only requiring you to be within 2 range (and you likely have either Hanging or Forced Move) would make it too powerful if you could do it so often.

And if you don't need to waste a previous move to bring them into position, which you generally won't unless they're master kiters, you get to follow up with an immediate Execute if you so fancy or do anything else to leave them with a possible 3m loss. 2 round cooldown would make this perfect to work right around the knockdown immunity of On Guard, I do believe.

I think 3 round cooldown is fine.

I do like Snake's suggestion though. I only wonder if the knockdown should be Main Class restricted.

Re: Board Shaker - Ryuzaki - 06-14-2017

Got my support. From GSM's trial of it there, it certainly needs a buff. I'm half sure my base attack does more damage than that. +1 to buffing it.

Re: Board Shaker - Raigen.Convict - 06-14-2017

+1 to a buff to it.

Re: Board Shaker - Neus - 06-14-2017

How many knockdowns does the Soldier/BK class have already?

Re: Board Shaker - Slydria - 06-15-2017

Two. Turnover's Charging Strike Bonus and Charge Bash with Flatfoot. Both of which have caveats of one being a Spear skill that requires 7M (Charge, Move, Turnover) to perform and the other being a Main Class Skill that requires 2M (Charge, Bash) but only works 50% of the time.