NEUS Projects
Map Placement. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Map Placement. (/showthread.php?tid=4857)

Pages: 1 2

Map Placement. - Rendar - 08-15-2017

[Image: qmoP1b9.png]

Can we please have the old spawning system back, or the one Spo suggested. Terminal butt-stabbing because you're within 14 range of your enemy, and the map decided not turn you to face them is getting really, really old to look at.

Edit: As a note, this isn't actually salt towards Saw, or getting beat by him.

It's just literally the map placement is garbage, and if you go first and have a huge AoE, you will generally fuck the enemy team over entirely.

Re: Map Placement. - Lonestar - 08-15-2017

There's a easy way to fix this. Don't make them spawn with their backs towards the opponent.
This system has its flaws and so does the old one.

Re: Map Placement. - Sawrock - 08-15-2017

The old system for map placement, while random, did allow for more strategizing due to the randomness of such. I'd prefer the old one back.

Re: Map Placement. - Rendar - 08-15-2017

As an FYI, Lonestar.

I can still walk directly behind you, even if you are facing me, with the current distance apart people start. I can do it quite a lot, in fact.

That may be more-or-less just a boon of Felidae, but I could also do it with a +MOV item, or +MOV food.

Re: Map Placement. - Lonestar - 08-15-2017

I am pretty aware of that, but then again.
The old map placement system was so random that it could be either funny or not funny at all.
Sometimes you spawned right next to them and still get the same result you get here. In team fights? Always that team member that spawns far from everyone and gets completly destroyed round 1 by the opponent team.
This is a matter of choose the good who can turn terrible, or the bad who will continue bad.

Re: Map Placement. - Kameron8 - 08-15-2017

"Kameron8" Wrote:My suggestion is to change the spawn pattern to a 'four-corners' pattern, that adds a little more distance to combatants, and unclumps larger teams to minimize the impact of AoE.

Current:
[Image: NZN1n1E.png]
Suggested: (People will prioritize spawning in the lowest numbers, meaning a 1v1 would place people in slots 1 and 2, a 2v2 would place people in slots 1, 2, 3, and 4, and so on.)
[Image: aV91lR1.png]

From this thread.

Re: Map Placement. - Nanovelich - 08-15-2017

I still think Kameron's suggestion is the best solution, although I didn't voice it on the other thread. Round 0 Cutthroat and the like are beyond old at this point.

Re: Map Placement. - Autumn - 08-15-2017

I could list multiple round 0 strategies that entirely destroy any team comp slower than you (protip, build 80 CEL), mostly through CC, due to how many there are, I think I'd adore Kameron's placement suggestion, because it'd work just right.

Re: Map Placement. - Rendar - 08-15-2017

Burn up > Winged Serpent > Overcharge

If their team has a healer, intereference shell all of them.
If their team has a glykin, interference shell all of them.
If their team has no/few MA's, sonic shell all of them.
If their team has spell casters, sonic shell all of them.

Throw in a cripple arm/leg for the extra "fuck you" since you only have to hit the non-dodgy person on their entire team to fuck the dodgy people and GGWP.

if your team has someone with galren roundtrip, charge + roundtrip them from the other side of the map to 4v1 gank them before they get a turn, etc etc.

I would 100% prefer having old spawning instead of just "Whoever goes first and has AoE CC wins the match." all the time. I'd sincerely prefer people getting ganked in a fight because of RNG spawning, because at least then it's equal chance fuckery.

Re: Map Placement. - Autumn - 08-15-2017

Sonic shell's silence is single target and 4 range KD, Kam's placement suggestion places each group at least 6 tiles away from eachother, interference shell has a 5 range AoE sure but has needed a nerf for a very long time.

I'd say roll with Kam's suggestion and if its still a problem, that can be discussed later.