NEUS Projects
I'd like to see. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'd like to see. (/showthread.php?tid=11249)

Pages: 1 2

RE: I'd like to see. - Poruku - 06-28-2024

I really don't think we need a nerf. I mean if it's really bad you can just close the profile and call them out in looc, and move on

RE: I'd like to see. - Trexmaster - 06-28-2024

If you need to exit a profile that blocks out your view entirely another option is to have .dblclick macro'd and then select yourself or another player you know has a safe profile, and it will pull up that profile and close the obscuring one.

I echo the sentiment that obviously malicious profiles should be punishable. It is an otherwise neat effect one can use for their profiles if it is done tactfully, and we shouldn't lose access entirely because some people abuse it.

RE: I'd like to see. - Sawrock - 06-28-2024

you're going to regret this... as the situation has only grown more dire from these past three years, in three more years people will have profiles that leak out of your screen, obscuring reality, bending their wishes to your unfortunate circumstance...

RE: I'd like to see. - Miller - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 10:38 PM)Sawrock Wrote: you're going to regret this... as the situation has only grown more dire from these past three years, in three more years people will have profiles that leak out of your screen, obscuring reality, bending their wishes to your unfortunate circumstance...

i'm working on it

you'll rue the day you crossed me sawrock

RE: I'd like to see. - Balor - 06-29-2024

If you can recall where the X button is, you can still X out of most profiles. All screens are also not made the same. For me I have ran into said profile before and had no issue navigating my way out of it when needed.

I don't think people should start being punished for using a neat tech simply because they wish their profile looked dark and mysterious. If you're doing it to be an asshole, then like there is a case you'd need to prove of intent. But blanket punishments are unnecessary and only discourage people from expression via their use of CSS, HTML, and the like.

I think it's fair to dislike it, but punishment where there is no malicious intent is not chill.

RE: I'd like to see. - Autumn - 06-29-2024

(06-29-2024, 12:11 AM)Balor Wrote: I think it's fair to dislike it, but punishment where there is no malicious intent is not chill.

This is mostly why I wanted the ability to turn off other people's UI style sheets in the original post, with a preference of some kind, it makes both parties happy. I do not enjoy it myself, and while there is no malicious intent, it CAN feel intrusive in some ways, I have asked a few other people what they think and some of them feel the same way.

I hope I am being very reasonable in expressing my distaste so far.

RE: I'd like to see. - Miller - 06-30-2024

If there is punishment for it, I highly doubt it would be a first offense deal and mainly be a case of persistent abuse and disregard for others which is arguably already against the rules to begin with; but there should be a rule not to make a giant glowing blob that could negatively impact someone else (I personally don't mind dimming the screen slightly, that effect is pretty cool), especially when there's excessive GPU load from rendering extremely large text outlines used for these effects which could cause lower end computers to hard freeze for minutes at a time.

I love profile techs and the like and if I really wanted to stroke my non-existant ego; I would argue a large majority of them originated from me in the first place, which I hope gives weight to the fact that I think there should really be way more consideration for the person viewing your profile. I personally don't want to open a profile and get flashbanged by pure white or orange and I imagine others feel the same.

In short, punishment should just be for the ones actively being a nuisance with it and disturbing others (such as blocking the X button); there's already precedent for this being punished in the past when people kept making giant black blobs to block your screen for shock value.