NEUS Projects
Selachii Revision for GR - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Selachii Revision for GR (/showthread.php?tid=3093)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Sarah54321 - 07-29-2016

I have issue with water absorb being a thing. While there aren't any 'active' classes that use water magic, some do use water damage. For example, that would completely shut down an Ensui, which could be someone's main gimmick for their build.

Well why not just equip a nihilist? Perhaps they're using something else. A nihilist is a good hand slot, but it's not always what they'll prefer to use. I agree that absorption is too much. Please make it something like 50% resist if it ever got in to combat the 50% weakness.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Autumn - 07-29-2016

Making somebody's build feel useless if they're not using a nihilist for just your race is not okay in my book, especially due to single elemental builds being the norm now, I have a character who is a water mage simply because that's their theme, and most water mages are using two equips, not one, Hell I'd even argue that an accessory that gives general boost to stats and then specifically gives Selachii the absorb to their passive would be better than it being innate.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Egil - 07-29-2016

"Spoops" Wrote:Making somebody's build feel useless if they're not using a nihilist for just your race is not okay in my book, especially due to single elemental builds being the norm now, I have a character who is a water mage simply because that's their theme, and most water mages are using two equips, not one, Hell I'd even argue that an accessory that gives general boost to stats and then specifically gives Selachii the absorb to their passive would be better than it being innate.

So it is okay to have builds that completely shut down a gunner or a incantation-heavy user or whatever else, but 'muh water damage build' is a big enough issue not give absorb to a race that lives in your element?

Nah. Absorb is the fairest racial they have.

"Egil" Wrote:
"Spoops" Wrote:Making somebody's build feel useless if they're not using a nihilist for just your race is not okay in my book, especially due to single elemental builds being the norm now, I have a character who is a water mage simply because that's their theme, and most water mages are using two equips, not one, Hell I'd even argue that an accessory that gives general boost to stats and then specifically gives Selachii the absorb to their passive would be better than it being innate.

So it is okay to have builds that completely shut down a gunner or a incantation-heavy user or whatever else, but 'muh water damage build' is a big enough issue not give absorb to a race that lives in your element?

I haven't even expressed my concern for the other abilities yet, what makes you think that?

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - MegaBlues - 07-29-2016

I think giving them a resist akin to hyattr is just fine, absorb is too much.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Sawrock - 07-29-2016

Absorb is too much, yeah. Having more strength than a lupine is also bad.

Edit: When compared to the concept, I mean, for the strength thing.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Exxy - 07-29-2016

"Sawrock" Wrote:Absorb is too much, yeah. Having more strength than a lupine is also bad.

Edit: When compared to the concept, I mean, for the strength thing.

I admittedly fall in the same line of giving a class a passive absorb is too much. Maybe if it was something insane like Resistance up until 50 or 60 Scaled San and -then- the Resistance you proc becomes a -quarter- effeciency absorb (from the 50% you Resist) and the other bit falls through without hitting a Resist marker-- but that sounds extremely complicated and difficult to path out.

And yes, I know this isn't the place for it but: If a heavily conditional +Stat on a race that typically hits the Soft Cap on it (with one of the +'s being more-or-less extremely useless unless you want less Hit on a Greenscale user) and gets Blind Immunity and a small amount of hit I would like for you to look at others. Even sticking in the same Racial tree, look at Felidae (they get more hit, evade, crit chance, crit damage and -so- much more damage scaling if they run the setup their race is troped with; dagger users-- let's not forget that insane Movement they get). I apologize if your comment about them having more Strength was sarcastic, Saw.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Egil - 07-29-2016

"Spoops" Wrote:
"Egil" Wrote:

I haven't even expressed my concern for the other abilities yet, what makes you think that?

That's my point. There are plenty of ways to completely shut down people's builds, even by just being certain races. Do Vampires have to worry about Matadors at all? No? That's just about as bad as water absorb for a new race but I've yet to see any 'nerf Vampire dark resist' topics despite how many builds it invalidates.

"Egil" Wrote:That's my point. There are plenty of ways to completely shut down people's builds, even by just being certain races. Do Vampires have to worry about Matadors at all? No? That's just about as bad as water absorb for a new race but I've yet to see any 'nerf Vampire dark resist' topics despite how many builds it invalidates.

Hyattrs have as much potential to shut down fire builds as vampires do to dark builds, both gain weaknesses for those huge resistances as well, well hopefully, Vampire still needs to have it's dark resistance and light weakness evened out, but that'll eventually happen, maybe.

Point being, I don't see a few points being brought up "It'll ruin incantation heavy builds" I dont see what one will do this, are you talking about the bloodied effect? Cause that's stopped by any source of healing, including health regen probably if it wasn't looked at first.

"It'll give the race a counter to gunners" Are you referring to rough skin here? Cause that'd only apply to melee attacks, and its not a fixed number like bellplate fang faced shield.

Nah honestly the rest of the racials sound completely okay to me, the only problem is just how strong absorb is, it doesn't just completely invalidate a damage source like Vampires or Hyattrs, nah it turns it around into a game changing negation and turnaround to who just happened to be a water-centric build vs this proposed race.

Honestly, with the right balance, I'm still all for this race, call it a shark bias cause I like sharks.

Re: Selachii Revision for GR - Bjarn - 07-29-2016

I STILL personally think the Absorb is good because water is almost never used by anyone, but if I was going to change it, I'd have to reduce the electricity weakness, because the reason I made it 50% is entirely because of the abosrb. I'd probably drop it down to the SAN scaling method that Hyattr use or something like that. The reason why is because electricity is SUCH a potent element, and does such massive damage already, and water, as I stated before, is pretty rare.

I WANT to change Blooded to be removed only by healing greater than its damage per turn effect, mostly because otherwise, anyone who has even 1HP regen per turn will just go "lol gone".