NEUS Projects
Asura Cannon - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Asura Cannon (/showthread.php?tid=4750)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Asura Cannon - Lolzytripd - 07-21-2017

If it you remove the increased scaling from sturm, it becomes acceptable at 209, also the one use per turn (one turn cooldown) would help.

Re: Asura Cannon - Autumn - 07-21-2017

Why don't we do something simple and address the issue, a while ago a majority of skills for boxer had their scalings nerfed and they seem to be fine now, I agree with Lone that we shouldn't exclude one skill because of a simple problem.

Re: Asura Cannon - Snake - 07-21-2017

The outcome of this can only be said if Dev decides to make this thread's suggestion (http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5095) something on the game.

- If Asura Fist can't be silenced for being a 'non-word spell', the damage should obviously go down at all costs. The scaling suggested would be the best for this.

- If it can be silenced as a counterplay, it should receive a 2-3 round cooldown to compensate for the nuke damage. Boxers spamming darkness damage while being a class of 'heavy physical damage' is quite dopey no matter how you see it.

The problem right up there is having that being instantly used twice for a free 300-400-500 magic darkness damage per elapsing round, no? Cooldown it up and make Boxers actually punch things instead of armpit-fart darkness.

200 damage is not nuke damage.

200 damage from 1 spell per turn, and its mono element, is fine.

Wind slasher and ghost wind average much higher damage.

The issue is its 200 damage, and it gives sturm, and it goes up to 260+ with sturm.

Solution, remove sturm bonus, lower sturm gain.

Instead of making the only good spellthief stealable darkness spell, shit because it suddenly did good in a pvp fight, if it's always been so horrendously overpowered, where were its cries for nerfing since boxers release?

Re: Asura Cannon - Kameron8 - 07-21-2017

Asura fist is the only magic damage Boxers can directly deal, and most of the server runs super high physical DR tanks. The capacity to change from physical to magical damage alone should incentivize lowering the power of this attack. Mathematically speaking, a 0 Sturm Asura fist scales better than every Mage/Evoker spell in the game, with the exception of tying with Libegrande and Famuiga. An 8 Sturm Asura is 40% better than all of those. It also uses fists as an implement.

Remove the Sturm generation from casting it, and leave the Sturm generation from hitting with it. One Sturm for hitting someone, none for shooting it off into the sky. Hike the FP cost from (15-19) to (30-34) to discourage three turns straight of Asura fist tapping (if you've seen boxers, you've seen this) and you're halfway to a balanced skill already.

I'd like to mention Kam that mathematically, it still scales less due to mages have access to much better scaling weapons than fists, Fan tomes, fan tomes, fan tomes, and rebelled tomes. seriously 50/50/50 scaling throws a monkey wrench into trying to compare to fists, none of which scale on the element of the scale in question.

Re: Asura Cannon - Kameron8 - 07-21-2017

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'd like to mention Kam that mathematically, it still scales less due to mages have access to much better scaling weapons than fists, Fan tomes, fan tomes, fan tomes, and rebelled tomes. seriously 50/50/50 scaling throws a monkey wrench into trying to compare to fists, none of which scale on the element of the scale in question.

The enormous base power of fists makes it more competitive to fan tomes than you'd imagine. It certainly scales better than mage spells with Sturm factored in, weapon disparities aside.

Re: Asura Cannon - Lolzytripd - 07-22-2017

That's why I'd rather see sturm gutted out of it than its bases, mage spells aren't magically weaker, why should this one non mage spell be nerfed only when its strong, so that when its normal, its weak?????????????????????

I mean sure its 269 damage at max, but I'm doing better damage with ghost wind right now and an axe.
160 wind and 168 darkness per cast.

This same build is doing 141 first cast of asura fist with an equivalent weapon.

I hate boxers, I hate them with a passion, they aren't the enjoyable blitzers they were in SL1, they are now the reactionary trick class. This nerf idea only comes from a place of salt

Re: Asura Cannon - Kameron8 - 07-22-2017

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:That's why I'd rather see sturm gutted out of it than its bases, mage spells aren't magically weaker, why should this one non mage spell be nerfed only when its strong, so that when its normal, its weak?????????????????????

I mean sure its 269 damage at max, but I'm doing better damage with ghost wind right now and an axe.
160 wind and 168 darkness per cast.

I hate boxers, I hate them with a passion, they aren't the enjoyable blitzers they were in SL1, they are now the reactionary trick class. This nerf idea only comes from a place of salt

Stop trying to chop the entire thread at the knees by just calling it salt. Think about for one moment why a boxer would use any ability other than the one that generates additional damage the fastest, does the least reduced damage archetype (magical), and has some semblance of range. The only feasible answer is the person resists Darkness by some insane amount, or they have something on the order of 50 Res and 10 Def.

Not to mention, you likely didn't even read what I posted. I'm suggesting a Sturm generation reduction and an FP cost increase, not a gimped low damage ability that generates 2 Sturm. Because, fun fact, that skill exists. It's called Regenschauer.

Re: Asura Cannon - Lolzytripd - 07-22-2017

I agree with you on the generation nerf, and the fp cost hike, I thought when you meant "halfway" you wanted it scaling nerfed too.

The salt reference was as to why this thread was created in the first place.

1) too much salt in my soup : Someone lost to this recently, They were upset and decided to get it nerfed, because no one has specifically asked for a asura fist nerf yet.

2) Salt chef, someone thought this build up, thought it was op, and wants it nerfed because they don't want it inevitably copied and used on them.