NEUS Projects
Unstoppable Invocations - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Unstoppable Invocations (/showthread.php?tid=4968)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Fern - 09-27-2017

I don't know... Invocations are very difficult to get off lately, unless you're running High Speed Divine Words. Besides, most people wanting to silence with spells tend to run very large amounts of status inflict (180-ish) and most Kenseis generally just walk up to Absolute Fear.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Skullcatrons - 09-27-2017

Unless you can make my shine knights level 80, slice everybody off in one-hit kills, and being able to save the world, being tiptoeing around dragons, and such. Don't bother with C options.
[Image: f1482050b1c002ad273647dac333f11b.png]

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Raigen.Convict - 09-27-2017

I say we impliment concussed BUT... we grant devocation in priest a resistance to the effect for the use of C rank or above invocations FROM CURATE CLASSES ONLY.
Shine Knights is the only invocation at C for now but in case hexer/evoker (more likely the former) gets a higher rank invoke it should only apply to curate classes.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - MegaBlues - 09-27-2017

I think the system of invocations just needs to be changed as a whole. Time has proven that with their current implementation, trying to balance their cost, effect, and counterplay isn't possible.

But if invocations stay as they are and become easier to interrupt, they need to be given more range so that they can be cast without the risk of someone running up and wasting your momentum. And the interrupt should be similarly costly to the person inflicting it.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Rendar - 09-27-2017

The "levels" of invocations are just... dumb.

D tier invocations can melt your fuckin face off if you charge mind (which implies that it's a C-level invocation afterwards)

Shine Knights are a C-level invocation but are.... lolzy at best, useless at worst.

I don't think I really want (or need) a B, A, S, SS, SSS tier invocation that takes 50 rounds to finish invoking to wipe Cellsvich off of the map.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Lolzytripd - 09-27-2017

tbh c+ tier invocations should allow for allies within x tiles finishing the invocation by casting the next stage of it.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Snake - 09-27-2017

That'd be decent.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - PantherPrincess - 09-28-2017

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:lets spin it in reverse, is it fair to have 100% un breakable invocation?

only method usable being silence?

people might say its alot of investment talent wise, but for a mage its really not, they were already saving points without a weapon tree to invest in.
My mage (and others) invested into fluency for tomes soooooo. And it is a lot of investment talent wise Words of Power alone is 10 points.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - PantherPrincess - 09-28-2017

"Fern" Wrote:I don't know... Invocations are very difficult to get off lately, unless you're running High Speed Divine Words. Besides, most people wanting to silence with spells tend to run very large amounts of status inflict (180-ish) and most Kenseis generally just walk up to Absolute Fear.
It takes at least 3 turns (2 1/2 if HSDW this is including Charge Mind) to actually do damage. You're telling me in 2-3 turns you either haven't silenced them or backed up far enough to not get hit? Or put up any sort of protection? Or stolen the spell? Or stole Charge Mind or HSDW? So Fern pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Re: Unstoppable Invocations - Chaos - 09-28-2017

"MegaBlues" Wrote:But if invocations stay as they are and become easier to interrupt, they need to be given more range so that they can be cast without the risk of someone running up and wasting your momentum. And the interrupt should be similarly costly to the person inflicting it.
I have no issue with raising Invocation range in conjuction with opening up another avenue of interruption.