NEUS Projects
Sayakensa and stuff - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sayakensa and stuff (/showthread.php?tid=5596)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Autumn - 08-21-2018

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Also -most- katana's have pretty mxied stats, that don't reach the same swa as other casting tools, also they require SKILL, which as we know hexer has no ice attack spells.

Skill is the dominant status infliction stat my dude, most if not all hexer builds include SKI.

Its not even like letting it cast hugessoan spells will let you cast Hexer spells, most don't even belong to the Hugessoa domain.

And allowing it to govern ALL other mage and hexer spells would be a little bit unbalanced, its not like Kensei/Hexer is bad.

Here's the spells (That deal damage) that do belong to Hugessoa:
Eternal Darkness
Enma's Summons
Detogate
Black Bolt
Altera
Ghostwind (Already castable with swords)
Dark Eyes
Ghost Arrow

And I believe thats it, there's no wretched oil/fleeting spectres/Underworld Flame/Black Static on this list, and changing their domains means taking away Wretched Oil/Fleeting Spectres from Desert Winds, and taking Black Static away from Conduiz builds.

I thought I'd just let you know what exactly the change governs over.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Lolzytripd - 08-21-2018

I get its there for status infliction but a lot of hexers get around that by just tanking the enemies faith with black water tiles. But I do respect its an important stat for status infliction, I don't see how it being a casting tool or not would change your infliction rate.

Also I never suggested making it work as a huggesoa casting tool, but that it became a -general- casting tool for spells granted from hexer.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Autumn - 08-21-2018

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Also I never suggested making it work as a huggesoa casting tool, but that it became a -general- casting tool for spells granted from hexer.

You said Mage and Hexer spells, that could get way out of hand, we already have problems with Conduiz and that covers only 1 element.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Lolzytripd - 08-22-2018

but that's because conduiz could be slapped on anything with a beneficial scaling.

The point is there should be -some- benefit to taking a sword and sheath over a sword and tome for kensei/hexer.

the tome should easily be the better casting tool, but the sword and sheath should still be a casting tool to some extent.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Autumn - 08-22-2018

I'm just worried it'll careen off into almost all spellblade builds, Conduiz at least has the stigma of being stopped by some good lightning resist, we can also wait until the Hexer rework to make a decision like that, in its current state it'd be very unbalanced with some katanas like Tarnada and Hisen with how much Famiuga and Explosion scale, 2 hand makes these weapons able to scale as hard as tomes.

Though, making it cast Hugessoan spells however would be pretty alright imo, as that only encompasses a few hexer spells which don't have nasty statuses tied to them, like Eternal Darkness and Enma's summons, which are 2 very great spells for a spellblade's kit still.

Not to mention other build paths like Altera/Dark Eyes/Etc.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Chaos - 08-22-2018

I'd rather just give Sayakensa a potential skill. Something like, say, a passive that adds Dark ATK onto your Sword/Katana attacks/skills but hits you with a significant Cursed Wounds that builds up each round and can't be cured.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Miller - 08-22-2018

"Chaos" Wrote:I'd rather just give Sayakensa a potential skill. Something like, say, a passive that adds Dark ATK onto your Sword/Katana attacks/skills but hits you with a significant Cursed Wounds that builds up each round and can't be cured.

I can get behind this as well.

50% Darkness attack on hit/Kensei skill with half of the inflicted dark damage being equal to the LV of the self-inflicted cursed wounds.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Snake - 08-23-2018

Not exactly a potential since they're gloves, but... Just add an effect that makes any Darkness Damage done by Katana weapons also inflict Cursed Wounds with a duration of 3 rounds and LV equal to the damage. This idea sure is interesting, and balances out for the drawbacks of the sheath.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Chaos - 08-23-2018

Let me clarify the idea I was suggesting: It would have been something like, say,

Quote:Potential Skill - Dark Demon Arts
Can be toggled, but only outside of battle. You gain a damage bonus to all Sword attacks/skills you perform equal to your Dark ATK. However, at the start of the battle, you gain Cursed Wounds LV 100, which will gain +100 LVs at the start of each subsequent round, until the end of battle. This status effect cannot be lessened or removed.

Re: Sayakensa and stuff - Neus - 08-24-2018

Only weapons have potential skills.