NEUS Projects
Pixel Movement Testing - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Pixel Movement Testing (/showthread.php?tid=4188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-11-2017

Day 3 of testing is up for a bit.

- Collision in battle now works properly.
- Emote bubbles now position themselves and follow your character properly.
- Fishing rods now position themselves properly.
- Positioning after entering/exiting dungeons, etc. is no longer offset.
- Youkai contractors in summoning houses now move around properly.
- Fluffles now moves around correctly.
- Can't dig under NPCs anymore.
- Shael's wandering has been retired for now.
- Staircases, such as the ones in the Darkwood Manor, now have proper pixel collision detection.
- Double clicking NPCs no longer moves you towards them (similar issue with mouse movement on world map).
- Encumberance is now cached when appropriate.
- Walk mode is now a toggle.

---

The box is a predefined space around the character, I believe it's 20x20 on normal maps.

Depending on how stable this is, I'll probably begin working on the next update (with this to be included, to see how it performs on the actual server with a bunch of people playing), and start messing around with follow movement again.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Autumn - 02-11-2017

So is there gonna be anything done about the swords representing party members? Cause that's a huge issue still.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Sawrock - 02-11-2017

Could we have a twice-as-slow walk mode? Maybe when you press C, it'll go from Run Mode, to Walk Mode, to Sneak Mode, then to Run Mode again? (Sneak mode could also hide the normal footstep/armor clanking sounds.)

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Snake - 02-11-2017

Bweh, looks like I've underestimated Dev here! I'm sorry for over-worrying about something you had covered from the get-go, and I think you know how much the 'first sting from a needle' hurts in children, so disconsider my grown-up baby tears back there and don't 'lol' me. :c

Anyway, I'm happy everything is going the way I didn't expect so far, and it seems like everything is going according to plan and the optimization's speed is on pair. So I better become useful here instead of an young ranting old memeface.

Here goes one for you, the 'moonwalking' issue, I think they call it 'skin problems':

Quote:First you press the right arrow, then when your char starts walking, you press the left at the same time and hold both down.

Your char will move 'north' while facing 'right', instead of stopping in their tracks (Due to neutralizing the movement by using the opposite key) or changing trajectory to west (As expected, since you're pressing another key and the opposite, it should cancel one direction.)

It's presumed that up vs down will make your char to run west, but I didn't test this second interaction.

By the way, Spooks, he said he's going to do something about the swords, it's like a placeholder for now. First le Dev needs a solid ground to work on, then we get the conga line back.

Also, Sawrock's suggestion for the toggle seems to be decent, and more and more like Misuterii's so there goes another reference for it. I dig it.

If it's not in your future plans, the 'Sneaking' could be bound to the talent, so you could use it to pass by Enemy NPCs unnoticed? I wonder if the 'move_speed' variable can be attached to the NPC's 'perception' AI.

I figured, I'm only concerned I don't mean to come off as rude, everything else I like about this movement system.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-11-2017

I would like to have the party follow work the way it did, and I am trying to do so, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to. Which is why the 'sword' system is there. As I said in the post at the top of this page, I will be toying around with it as I work on the next update stuff.

@ Sawrock; I don't know how that would work with the 'hold' mode, exactly. But possibly.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Sawrock - 02-11-2017

In hold mode, C would be walk, V would be sneak.

Alright then my concerns are alleviated for now, thank you, one thing I've noticed so far is that in the darkwood manor, stairs facing left seem to work fine but the stairs facing right are janky and require a lot of up then right then up then right movements, and doesn't work properly when trying to run diagonally.

A question but not necessarily a request, is it possible to put in a hotkey such as ctrl+arrows that would cause your character to move in the given direction without changing where they are facing? (Sort of like backstepping, shimmying or sidestepping.)

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Sawrock - 02-12-2017

Note, if people can't go diagonally through small gaps now, then BDPs will be a big problem- a lot of the random generation makes doors diagonally.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-14-2017

The entire point of testing is so we can identify issues like that, Sawrock, and I'm a little disappointed it hasn't come up until now, because I'm sure it'd be the first thing I'd hear once it made it to live.