NEUS Projects
Strength needs a buff. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Strength needs a buff. (/showthread.php?tid=4327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Strength needs a buff. - KhalidtheGrey - 03-09-2017

... I'll state the obvious, how about 1:3 reduction penetration? In a 60 Str vs. 60 Def/Res match-up, that's removing 20% of their defense (or res). That sounds reasonably to me. Half is a little crazy but quarter is meh.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Lolzytripd - 03-09-2017

33% but okay

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Neus - 03-09-2017

Do you really want to make STR a better tank stat while also making it ignore defenses (for some reason)?

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Lolzytripd - 03-09-2017

No I think some of us want it to be an anti tank stat while others want it to be a bulky stat.

personally I feel theirs enough bulk stats between vit sanc and def

And that giving Str some anti tank benefits would be nice, and I'm against just giving it more crit, since that only helps crit builds.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - MegaBlues - 03-09-2017

I'm up for hearing more ideas on how to make Strength better, but it really needs to be improved. There's also the fact that for the most part, tanking is uncontestable.

If need be, the DR penetration could be split between STR and WIL, for defense and resistance respectively.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - KhalidtheGrey - 03-09-2017

20%, because 1/3 of 60 is 20. It's taking 33% of 60%, which is 20%.

Str giving more than 1 point of HP would probably not be okay, yeah. That aside, I like Blue's idea.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Autumn - 03-09-2017

I think the HP would be a little much, that'd let my pure HP wall hit about 1600-1700 HP before afflicted spectre. and having 1 pen. per 4 would be optimal, however there is another less % like effect you could do as well other than defense pen.

Another idea would be that Strength would add 1 melee weapon power per 2 points of scaled STR, infact this idea might be a little bit better and more safe than defense pen :?
as this would then allow melee weapons that scale STR to just be inherently better in damage than weapons that scale SKI/GUI/LUC, since what most hyper offensives tend to do is build pure SKI GUI LUC CEL and then slam the rest of their points into defenses.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Sawrock - 03-09-2017

I agree with the original post 100%.

If I were to add anythingon top of it, it would be to lower VIT's HP bonus by 3 per rank (making it 7 HP per rank), splitting statuses into Physical and Magical statuses, and letting VIT be the provider of physical status resist while RES gains the ability to resist magical statuses.

In addition, since STR gains more crit damage, make DEF slightly reduce crit damage (but not below weapon base).

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Snake - 03-09-2017

No, I personally don't want STR to be any sort of penetration, we have Discord ERP for those weird kinks already. Jokes aside and anyway!

I just don't like physical damage penetration because Rampaging exists, and it already does an amazing role of wrecking tanks. It deletes around 10 DEF in two hits, bonus points if you pair it up with a Martial Artist for -15/-17 DEF in one go. And all you need after is to apply Analyze Weakness and they're pseudo-stripped of their defenses. Added to the fact Arbalests can straight up reduce their DEF by 100%, so.

Critical Damage only benefits critical hit builds, but they're the more 'fair and balanced' way to add power to STR. Since first you have to hit, then you have to crit to benefit from the damage bonuses, so it doesn't become something 'omfgbroken' the second it is implemented. And if we see it's not doing the cut at all, we can always ask for more IN THE FUTURE, if we keep dawdling and pondering here instead of giving a solid thumb up to what we want, STR will never get any sorts of buffs at 'all' for the rest of this year.

The HP can always be reduced to 2 per 1 STR too, if that's a problem. But personally, I think it's fine. (Just a few points you can save from VIT to spend in STR, giving the 'pseudo benefit' you get from using weapons that don't scale from STR, stat wise.)

So, like Sawrock (and myself completely not biased), I want to nod at the OP once again.

Re: Strength needs a buff. - Grandpa - 03-09-2017

If defense penetration is a bad plan I'd like to see the OP and Saw's addition over 2 str = 1 weapon power. That could cause a whole mess of problems I'd prefer to avoid.