NEUS Projects
Pixel Movement Testing - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Pixel Movement Testing (/showthread.php?tid=4188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Sawrock - 02-14-2017

My apologies for that, it only came to mind recently of how much of a problem it'd be.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-14-2017

I adjusted the minimum path width, so the next time the server is up I'd appreciate people looking in some dungeons and see if any issues arise.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Autumn - 02-14-2017

Will WASD mode work in pixel movement? I was going to assume it was going to be implemented later but since we're on the subject of things that were forgotten sorta.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-14-2017

Should work fine, give it a try. Test out the new Setting Sun while you're at it. It's up now.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Autumn - 02-14-2017

Hmm, tab doesn't activate WASD mode so I haven't been able to test, setting sun seems to appear fine.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Slydria - 02-14-2017

These two stairs in the Haunted House have weird dense tiles in the way, you can't properly get up them like the left stairs.

[Image: 865f9e6bbe.jpg]
[Image: 8b52363872.png]

When on the world map, if you toggle Walk Mode on, you cannot move diagonally, you will just stop moving instead.

I'm also concerned about dungeon navigation, when I was messing around in Black Doors, just some of the tight layouts aren't so great to move around. Such as:

[Image: f378b2e1d1.png]

Since you can occupy multiple tiles at once, you can't just diagonal step around this anymore and if you're slightly offset, you'll just bump into the stairs.

And when you bump into locked doors, it rapidly floods the locked message.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-15-2017

I'll look into the stairs.

Maybe overworld should just ignore walk mode altogether.

I guess doors should only notify you when you bump into them once every couple of seconds.

I can make the hitbox of the stairs a little smaller if needed.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Snake - 02-15-2017

Well, with pixel movement you can even make a small 'fade out' animation as the character walks downstairs on the icon.

Re: Pixel Movement Testing - Neus - 02-17-2017

- The set of stairs that wasn't working properly has been corrected.
- Walk mode no longer works on the overworld (to prevent being unable to move.)
- Doors have a small cooldown when you bump them.
- Seats now position you properly inside of the seat.

---

I suggest if you have concerns, that you get on the beta server and give it a good testing soon. I'll be putting this on live for a real test this weekend, along with the other changes/bug fixes, and then I'll begin working on the next update.