NEUS Projects
Sound wave - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sound wave (/showthread.php?tid=10000)

Pages: 1 2

Sound wave - firehawk11 - 02-23-2023

As often as I have used Sound Wave from Bard, it does not seem powerful enough to warrant the 1 Turn CD it has. What would be so bad about double using Sound Wave in a turn? Even if most enemies don't actually resist Sound Damage. I must be missing some secret use of this currently however since I am not, it be nice to double cast it in a turn.

RE: Sound wave - caliaca - 02-23-2023

I'm up for any buff for sound wave. It's really just straight up worse than everything in dark bard essentially, and even warmonger's drums.

RE: Sound wave - renowner - 02-23-2023

I don't mind the one turn cooldown. Sound has almost no way to resist it in the game, as opposed to all other elements, and also has the highest rate of inflicting injuries in serious combat by a good margin as well. And Bards also have Tune-up.

Sound wave also being 110% SWA and 90% Sound is probably better overall than 100/100 spells, though still inferior to Famiuga's 140% Ice attack probably.
And if your target has sanctity? Well, sanctity doesn't give sound resistance, but gives pretty much all other magical elements. So you're still outdamaging those just by default. (Though Famuiga also takes around 3x as many class points to acquire and max)

Though I guess Ranger still has a 0 cd 130% Sound scaling spell, so its probably fine to remove the cooldown. But then again, Ranger just gets way more mileage out of spamming the earth arrow, the ice arrow, or flip shot so I basically never see anything else used regardless.

All the other sound moves in the game as far as i'm aware have cooldowns, and there's also ring of the dancer to think about.

Sound and acid are both very scary elements so i'm always going to be tentative about giving people more ways to use them, but its probably not going to break the game if the cooldown is removed.

RE: Sound wave - Poruku - 02-23-2023

The better question is why would you want to use sound wave, let alone twice :^)

But more seriously, this seems like a strange drawback for an already weak skill. I'm all for removing the cd

RE: Sound wave - caliaca - 02-23-2023

(02-23-2023, 09:47 PM)renowner Wrote: I don't mind the one turn cooldown. Sound has almost no way to resist it in the game, as opposed to all other elements, and also has the highest rate of inflicting injuries in serious combat by a good margin as well. And Bards also have Tune-up.

Sound wave also being 110% SWA and 90% Sound is probably better overall than 100/100 spells, though still inferior to Famiuga's 140% Ice attack probably.
And if your target has sanctity? Well, sanctity doesn't give sound resistance, but gives pretty much all other magical elements. So you're still outdamaging those just by default.  (Though Famuiga also takes around 3x as many class points to acquire and max)

Though I guess Ranger still has a 0 cd 130% Sound scaling spell, so its probably fine to remove the cooldown.  But then again, Ranger just gets way more mileage out of spamming the earth arrow, the ice arrow, or flip shot so I basically never see anything else used regardless. 

All the other sound moves in the game as far as i'm aware have cooldowns, and there's also ring of the dancer to think about.

Sound and acid are both very scary elements so i'm always going to be tentative about giving people more ways to use them, but its probably not going to break the game if the cooldown is removed.

Just some comparisons.
Sound wave is 110 SWA/90 Sound. Its a 6 length line. It has a 1 turn cooldown.

Dark bard's pyrotechnics is 110/110 with a 4 circle AoE. The area around it also does 100 Fire 100 SWA. This has a zero turn CD.

Raid the Rafters is 110/110. Its an AoE that pulls enemies to you. It has a 1 turn CD.

Detonation Rift is 100 SWA, 70 sound, 70 fire. It also burns. It has a 1 turn CD.

I won't talk about hard note cause it has a long CD. It's obviously better and has a long CD to show as much.

Warmonger's Drums is a much bigger AoE, 110 Sound 100 SWA and it gives you 15 SWA BEFORE damage is done.

I honestly think it's well and clearly true that Sound Wave is much worse than every single one of these skills. There's nearly no reason to ever use sound wave outside of a random excel crash which is also doesn't do very well.

Frankly, I don't think there's ever a situation where a performer or dark bard wants to use sound wave, and if a dancer is using it they're ruining their tempo.

Sound may be a good element to build, but amongst sound skills this thing is lackluster to an extreme. You can remove the CD and you'll still hardly ever wanna use it over Pyro technics or Deto Rift. 

Frankly, it needs something more than just removal of the CD. If there's no willingness to do damage, give it some ability to buff or debuff. I dunno, have it debuff hit or something minorly.
It's a bad skill.
I was gonna talk about this in my bigger Performer post, but figure it's better to just keep here.

Also, the reason no one uses sonic arrow for damage is because there wasn't previously a reason to when building other elements and stats was infinitely easier. It might be worth using in dark bard/ranger setups.

RE: Sound wave - firehawk11 - 02-24-2023

Sound ATK building is hard man...buff it. Giving a debuff would help or make it 110/110 scaling instead but this is a small problem where all of Dark Bard is superior to Bard which in the end. Shouldn't promote classes be stronger especially with the Nomalicy traits added?

RE: Sound wave - Ray2064 - 02-24-2023

(02-24-2023, 06:01 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: Sound ATK building is hard man...buff it. Giving a debuff would help or make it 110/110 scaling instead but this is a small problem where all of Dark Bard is superior to Bard which in the end. Shouldn't promote classes be stronger especially with the Nomalicy traits added?
In no way should promoted classes just be Base Class +, though

RE: Sound wave - renowner - 02-27-2023

Dark bard is cracked though.

RE: Sound wave - firehawk11 - 02-27-2023

New update idea, Sound Wave now have infinite range until it hits the edge of the battle map is a straight line. There done.

RE: Sound wave - renowner - 02-28-2023

We still have a few skills like that, but just about all of them have been nerfed eventually.
And I just remembered that spamming the same skill in a round multiiplies the fp cost of the second cast by 1.5x.

Really yeah, just get rid of the cd.
If its somehow too broken we can always just do some sound and acid reworks.