NEUS Projects
Performan't - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Performan't (/showthread.php?tid=10001)

Pages: 1 2

Performan't - caliaca - 02-24-2023

After the release of Dark Bard and Dancer being in the state it is, I think it's quite highlighted that Performer is weaker than the both of them. It can't really do it's job of using buff skills and supporting teammates due to the nature of bonus stats getting DR'd so hard and for it's bonus effects being sub par compared to other classes.

I'm going to propose some changes that make this class able to do it's job better while attempting to not overbuff it. There is a high likelihood the combination of all of these might be too strong but I'm simply proposing some changes that might bring it more in line with other classes.

We'll start with it's healing ability. Currently, Performer has the WORST healing by far of any of the bard promotions. Each of the other two classes get an additional healing spell that Performer doesn't get. Dancer gets Rest Beat and Idol Step, and Dark Bard gets second set. Idol Step has a 7 turn cooldown, Second Set has a 6 turn Cooldown,  and Cantus also has a six turn cooldown.

We're going to compare to curate here. At the moment, curate can also buff and it's healing spell, Graft, nearly always heals more than the base of just 125 from cantus and can also be made AoE. It also already has a lower CD at 4 turns pre pacifist boon.  Due to Cantus having no scaling except bard auras, which are unpleasant to use right now due to how buff stats work outside Dawr, it will nearly always heal much lower than graft on a longer cooldown.

This is somewhat remedied due to the Cantus removing four debuffs when it's healed, but currently Performer gives no ability to heal more than base bard...

Except for a single passive called Music Heals that gives 5 hp regen. This is not really significant in any way to make up for it's lack of healing ability.

Instead of it giving 5 hp regen, I instead propose that it gives 15 HP to every member affected by a base Bard Song only and reduce Cantus's CD by 2 (this part may be too much. 1 or 0 is also probably fine).

This lets you heal 60 in a full aoe per song and gives you a reason to actually stack the extra songs for your Cantus heal since often times the only real stats that do things are Dawr.  It's not a massive amount in 1v1s, especially since you'll be spending 3M for 15 heal and mediocre stats, but can add up in team fights were the stats might actually be somewhat useful.

Exceptional Enthusiam doesn't stand up to other buff spells of the same type. 

For those who aren't aware or just don't wanna look up the thing, Enthusiasm gives up to 8 WIL and GUI at max rank. These stats are okay and good for people with luminary, but the real meat and potatoes we're focusing on is the extra bonus.

At base max rank, Anthem does 50% of your sound attack up to 3 times. Compare this to Brine Blade, with does 60% of your water attack for **eight turns** so long as you're willing to do a very small investment into talents. 

If this just lasted the 3 turns fully or even 4 it'd be fine in my opinion.

Dawr and Cantus extra effects are fine.

Warmonger's Drums are also fine and is one of the key reasons to grab the class right now. If it gave more SWA that'd be dope but definitley overpowered. 

Amplified Aria gives 15 evade at max rank for 2 attacks or 3 rounds. It gives 8 SKI and CEl at max. I'd frankly just make it 3 rounds period - but only for the caster, how it is for others is fine. It doesn't really compare well to other evasion buffs like southern wind or distortion or fortune wind and if you're playing evade, this CEL is absolutely going to be demolished by DRs and end up being 2 or 3 at max. 

Samba of Strength's SWA is really mediocre. 1/3/5/7/9 would be small but helpful instead of 1-5.  Striking Samba could probably just be X rounds instead of only 2 attacks as well since it's a low amount. 

Bewitching Medley scales off your scaled GUI for convert chance. Performers have absolutely no reason to build GUI outside of Snake Dancer's medley and frankly it's hard to fit it into a build when you have to build for weapon SWA, LCK and SAN for your passives to make your dancers last longer. Make this SAN instead and it'd make performer's build overlay less crippling and give you an actual shot to convert high level mobs instead of having negative chance.

Let Performer use its coolest skill in La Finita. Confusing enemies in high end content is already incredibly difficult.

Anyways yea. That's pretty much it.

RE: Performan't - Snake - 02-24-2023

Bewitching Melody should factor WIL alongside GUI, honestly. Maybe 50% of each and we'll get a good base number in most builds.

RE: Performan't - renowner - 02-27-2023

Performer is by an extraordinary margin the weakest bard promotion. I absolutely hate dancer and dark bard's pushed status personally, but Performer is definitely in need of an overhaul.

100% On board with them getting some buffs to their healing ability. Its absolutely ludicrous to me that the other two promotions, that specialize mostly in damage are better at healing than the promotion that's supposed to specialize in support.

The song healing thing needs to only count players, lest we all summon dark eyes and youkai and start spam healing 210, and also i'd rather the cantus of consideration to just have lowered cooldown passively for performers rather than it being reduced through songs. A passive that halves its cooldown so its 3 turns sounds more than fair to me. Frankly it could even be 2 turns for performer I think. But that's pushed.

I think making Anthem stronger is a bit iffy. Its an AoE, brine blade is an AoE only after a large invocation. And Anthem would also have that 60 hp heal and regen boost tacked onto it.

The AoE Evasion boost i'm not sure i'm all for. There's currently no real way to AoE buff your allies evade for longer than a turn or a few attacks. And I assume that's very intentional. The literal only thing that does so for longer than a turn/an attack or two, is the priest invocation Mercalen mist.

100% For the bewitching change. 1000% for it.

RE: Performan't - caliaca - 02-28-2023

(02-27-2023, 01:00 PM)renowner Wrote: Performer is by an extraordinary margin the weakest bard promotion. I absolutely hate dancer and dark bard's pushed status personally, but Performer is definitely in need of an overhaul.

100% On board with them getting some buffs to their healing ability. Its absolutely ludicrous to me that the other two promotions, that specialize mostly in damage are better at healing than the promotion that's supposed to specialize in support.

The song healing thing needs to only count players, lest we all summon dark eyes and youkai and start spam healing 210, and also i'd rather the cantus of consideration to just have lowered cooldown passively for performers rather than it being reduced through songs. A passive that halves its cooldown so its 3 turns sounds more than fair to me. Frankly it could even be 2 turns for performer I think. But that's pushed.

I think making Anthem stronger is a bit iffy. Its an AoE, brine blade is an AoE only after a large invocation. And Anthem would also have that 60 hp heal and regen boost tacked onto it.

The AoE Evasion boost i'm not sure i'm all for. There's currently no real way to AoE buff your allies evade for longer than a turn or a few attacks. And I assume that's very intentional.  The literal only thing that does so for longer than a turn/an attack or two, is the priest invocation Mercalen mist.

100% For the bewitching change. 1000% for it.

Part of this is me forgetting the conditional- I wanted the Aria evasion to be 3 rounds only for the caster. 
Also on board for song healing to only count players, though Anthem in this case would no longer be giving a regen.

RE: Performan't - renowner - 02-28-2023

I'm all for giving performer an actually decent evade buff for the self, if its still the normal 1 attack for allies. I think more classes should have competative self evade buffs. We lost a lot of build diversity when embroidered windtouched gi got nuked to oblivion. I also would love for the limbo projectile ignoring thing to go to performer instead. . . I feel like limbo is more of a performance than a dance. And dancer is more offensive than performer, too.

RE: Performan't - Autumn - 02-28-2023

Performer has range above all the other bard promotions, it's damaging tools are great, and it can make some cool playmaking potential with it's range increase and/or Cantus of Consideration, but I Think the problems of Performer lie in the base class, and raw stat buffs like Aria/Anthem/Samba just not being that good overall, and the enhancements don't do enough to fix those.

RE: Performan't - caliaca - 02-28-2023

(02-28-2023, 07:54 PM)Autumn Wrote: Performer has range above all the other bard promotions, it's damaging tools are great, and it can make some cool playmaking potential with it's range increase and/or Cantus of Consideration, but I Think the problems of Performer lie in the base class, and raw stat buffs like Aria/Anthem/Samba just not being that good overall, and the enhancements don't do enough to fix those.

I agree the stat bonuses on the base songs are bad, but buffing them also buffs Dark Bard and Dancer which I really do not think need any help at all, so I'm focusing on the promo version of the songs.

I don't know if I'd call it's damage options great. It has like.. 3. Warmongers is good but Snake Medley you probably won't have acid attack for (the poison is still good) and rain caller rondo is super whatever.

Both Snake and Rain Caller have 3T CDs and Warmonger's is two.

RE: Performan't - renowner - 03-01-2023

Isn't dark bard just. . Higher range, more buffs, better everything? I don't see how performers have more range than dark bard or better damage at all.

RE: Performan't - Autumn - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 02:37 PM)renowner Wrote: Isn't dark bard just. . Higher range, more buffs, better everything? I don't see how performers have more range than dark bard or better damage at all.

I didn't say they have better damage, but considering they can get all of their offensive songs to have a 10 range diamond, they certainly have better range than Dark Bard. Performer from what I can observe has fine enough damage for a support, I am pointing out just exactly what I think is strong about them currently so that the wrong areas aren't buffed.

Performer leaves a lot to be desired in the already mentioned song buff skills, with raw stat buffs losing their luster to Dark Bard's superior Elemental ATK buffs.

RE: Performan't - Snake - 03-01-2023

All Performer needs is just an easier time on Bewitching Melody's RNG, and perhaps La Finita costing 0M.