NEUS Projects
Orichalcum Buff - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Orichalcum Buff (/showthread.php?tid=10047)

Pages: 1 2

Orichalcum Buff - Shujin - 03-08-2023

Hello and welcome to my Ted-talk as to why Orichalcum needs a buff.

simply put, the cap of 10 (atleast in PvE), is a bit too low.

effectively its +9 anyway, given the base attribute of -1 to all. Outside of grinding highlevel dungeons, aka in PVP its entirely useless, and in PvE we have plenty materials that do what Ori does at max capacity better in standard. Well, sort of at least in more specialized ways. 

The truth is that most builds do not need Hit, Crit and Power at the same time, they are mostly fine with one of them, but most importantly power. (sometimes weight cause Twohand), and cause in high level dungeons the mobs evade you more likely than not, you often use Autohits for surefire hits. 

And if you are one of the sad people who do actually need hit and crit, to deal with the highlevel mobs, +9 to both is good, buuuut..Kinda not good enough to outweight the huge stat difference.

Soo can we maybe buff Ori, atleast in PvE, to a higher cap? So it becomes the dedicated "PvE-Material"? Currently its so much around the same level of other materials even if conditions are met, that you never really consider having an Ori item laying around or its not worth Material swapping just for some dungeons.

RE: Orichalcum Buff - firehawk11 - 03-09-2023

Isn't the cap +5? I could be wrong my dude.

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Trexmaster - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 01:31 AM)firehawk11 Wrote: Isn't the cap +5? I could be wrong my dude.

The cap was updated to be +10.

I feel Orichalum is fine for PvE at the moment but it could serve as more of a band-aid for level 80 content to help evade against the absurd numbers mobs pull if the cap were increased.

The most impactful values being hit and evade, as it stands the highest hit (without flanking or skill/prefix buffs) mobs get is around 255~. With Orichalcloth 10 base evade armor at the evade buff cap you're looking at about 220-225~ evade.

So against high hit level 80 mobs you'll always run the risk of getting high rolled and having all your defenses ignored. It's not like having your evade higher than the enemies hit is always safe, either, since many evasion ignores or forced glancing attacks exist now.

So if we raised Orichalum's cap it'd become the de facto material to use in higher level content (not that it isn't already for most builds). Which seems strange to me when it's so easily accessible compared to desirable materials like Dragon Remains and Boulder.

If we introduced some sort of upgrade to Orichalum with a higher cap that may be more ideal to give people something to work towards (and it only being for PvE alleviates any PvP balance concerns).

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Autumn - 03-09-2023

Simply I think it'd be ok to raise the cap in PvE mostly, have the effect work versus monsters to prevent you from getting the bare minimum level to dodge and then having a 60 base Evade Torso against lvl 60 players.

But isn't this now causing a problem where all other materials are once again garbage when grinding in PvE? Isn't that5 the problem we run into with anything is that one thing is superior and then needs to either be nerfed or everything needs to be buffed?

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Autumn - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 02:15 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: But isn't this now causing a problem where all other materials are once again garbage when grinding in PvE? Isn't that5 the problem we run into with anything is that one thing is superior and then needs to either be nerfed or everything needs to be buffed?

You'd be out of your mind to ever think that Boulder or Dragon Remains would be anything but cracked, orichalcum doesn't have the same weight that these materials do, nor do they have casting components to them like other materials do, I wouldn't worry too much.

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Lolzytripd - 03-09-2023

yeah alot of stuff have interesting side effects and weight mechanics, Orichalum's weight being static and even if it was capped to 20 diff or just have a pvp cap of like 15 it'd be fine.

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Shujin - 03-09-2023

I wouldn't mind an "Upgraded" version of the Material, either.

But at the moment I think the trade off for Ori being good in PvE is..Thats its useless in PvP. If you run into a fight while still having your equipment set on Ori, you are at a heavy disadvantage. So it being actually undeniably better in PvE is probably fine.

But again, I also do not mind an upgraded version, alas I feel like Ori is already rarely considered simply cause its inconvenient to have in your Backpack, for minor boosts over what you usually use, with less utility. sometimes it not even being a boost.

RE: Orichalcum Buff - Snake - 03-09-2023

Orichal as a material should simply not have a cap on all instances, if the user's LV equals 60. It'd be really cool if we had that as the strongest material for high-end PvE.

(03-09-2023, 05:31 PM)Autumn Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 02:15 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: But isn't this now causing a problem where all other materials are once again garbage when grinding in PvE? Isn't that5 the problem we run into with anything is that one thing is superior and then needs to either be nerfed or everything needs to be buffed?

You'd be out of your mind to ever think that Boulder or Dragon Remains would be anything but cracked, orichalcum doesn't have the same weight that these materials do, nor do they have casting components to them like other materials do, I wouldn't worry too much.
This is one of the problem I was talking about and we don't need more "Cracked" materials.