NEUS Projects
Clarifying the twinking rule. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Clarifying the twinking rule. (/showthread.php?tid=1006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Clarifying the twinking rule. - Neus - 04-03-2015

Lately I've noticed that some people (some more than others) have been violating the twinking rule. But it's possible that the twinking rule is not clear in its purpose. Here is the current twinking rule, as listed on the Wiki.

"Wiki" Wrote:3 - Twinking is not allowed. That means you may not give high level items and equipment to low level characters by transferring things over to an alt or helping your friend out with the best equipment. A general guideline is that if the character receiving the item is lower then 5*the number of rarity stars an item has, it is twinking. If you start a completely new character, that character starts from scratch. However, if you remake a character, they may keep their items.

Therefore I am going to clarify the rule and put it up on the wiki. This is effective immediately.

3 - Twinking is expressly forbidden. The following acts are classified as twinking.:
  • A) Transferring any items and/or any amount of Murai to a different character you play.
    • A2) Having a proxy transfer items to or from characters played by the same person still violates this rule and in this case, both players will be punished.
  • B) Transferring excessive amounts of items or Murai to lower level characters. Excessive is defined as one of the following within a 1 month (real-time) period:
    • 1) Murai exceeding 50 * the receiving character's level.
    • 2) More than 10 items total.
    • 3) Characters under level 30 receiving items exceeding 6* rarity. (Note: This only applies to items received in trades or as gifts. Items obtained legitimately as drops are fine.)
  • Exceptions - Only the following listed below are exceptions to this rule.
    • A) Donation items, house keys, mirror shards, and guild invitations can be transferred freely however you like and do not apply to this rule.
    • B) Transactions between players, either through trades or via automatic shopkeepers. Note that this only applies to legitimate transactions and trades. You can't offer to sell a low level character a Red Letter for 1 Murai because you know it's really your friend and you want to give them a powerful item. If you have any concerns that this trade might raise the twinking flag, you are recommended to take a screenshot and consult a GM before making it.
    • C) Requested exceptions made through supporting roleplay that is submitted to a GM for approval. (That GM is also required to post the approval in the GM forums for the sake of awareness, and to simplify things if it comes up in the future.)
    • D) If both parties are either high level (55+) characters, or have Legend Extended at least once, this rule doesn't apply to them. (Provided it does not aid in bug abuse or exploits, and the items involved are not then used to violate the twinking rule.)
  • Purpose: The spirit of this rule comes from the idea that, because this is a roleplaying game, new characters should not get a head start above others because they're OOC friends with someone who has a horde of magical artifacts laying around. Characters should have to earn their own things, whether that's through hard work or well-done roleplay. Furthermore, decking out your alts in the best armor and weapons around is not roleplaying at all; it's metagaming, and should not happen at all, unless the only items transferred are donation items, which you can do whatever you want with.

---

If you have any questions or concerns, please post them below. I will update the wiki entry later tonight, but as said, this is effective immediately.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Rendar - 04-03-2015

Do you realize that with 3B restrictions that you can't give more than 10 items to a newbie, including basic equipment. You can't give more money than 50 to a level 1, 100 to a level2... 500 to a level 10. WITHIN A ONE MONTH SPAN. That is literally the stupidest shit I have seen Dev and it amazes me that you thought that would work with a 1 month time frame limiter.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Ranylyn - 04-03-2015

Clarification request:

I have a character who is ICly dead that I just use as a bank, basically. She is level 36. If I delete a 50+, is it considered twinking if I stash their gear on someone who will never use it?

I've been following the twinking rules and suffering for it (Levelling with 5 power weapons because RNG didn't bless that specific character with good drops until I can give them something better) and this post makes me worry that a new system to flag trades is in effect or something.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Zakizo - 04-03-2015

This seems difficult to keep track of, and even more difficult to enforce. The playerbase is pretty big right now, and I'm pretty sure people run around doing countless things they shouldn't already, much of which has nothing to do with twinking. Do the GMs care? Probably. Can they handle it at this point? Forecast is not good.

That said, even if (miraculously) everyone did try to adhere to these rules, keeping tabs on everyone you've given something to down to the little details like "how much" within a 1 month time-frame is not something that can realistically be expected of a person to be able to do, so people would end up inadvertently breaking them regardless. You may want to rethink these guidelines.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - 111none - 04-03-2015

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6095#p6095 Wrote:Zakizo ยป Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:16 am[/url]"]This seems difficult to keep track of, and even more difficult to enforce. The playerbase is pretty big right now, and I'm pretty sure people run around doing countless things they shouldn't already, much of which has nothing to do with twinking. Do the GMs care? Probably. Can they handle it at this point? Forecast is not good.

That said, even if (miraculously) everyone did try to adhere to these rules, keeping tabs on everyone you've given something to down to the little details like "how much" within a 1 month time-frame is not something that can realistically be expected of a person to be able to do, so people would end up inadvertently breaking them regardless. You may want to rethink these guidelines.

That being said, the question of this isn't now if the rule exists, but wouldn't it now be more of how to enforce this. The only way I see that this would work would be we raised the total amount of GMs, or we have logging on every single said transaction between players. Or re-making this rule.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Neus - 04-03-2015

You don't need to worry about how to enforce it. We already have logs that track some of this and adding more to fit with the guidelines is not going to be a lot of work for me.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Sawrock - 04-03-2015

Transferring items is not roleplaying. Starting off with no items isn't roleplaying either, however. What if you want to have the (Mary-Sue-ish) story of a divine sword passed down through your family line? You can't go roleplaying, then, with this rule, until you've LE'd at least once for a divine enchant, get a smith to properly make you the right sword or for you to find the right sword, etc, because when you should ICly have the sword, you don't.

This is just my opinion, but the idea of this new clarification being defended as a "roleplay" thing seems pretty weak, no offense intended.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Neus - 04-03-2015

Quote:C) Requested exceptions made through supporting roleplay that is submitted to a GM for approval. (That GM is also required to post the approval in the GM forums for the sake of awareness, and to simplify things if it comes up in the future.)

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Sawrock - 04-03-2015

Sorry, I must not have read it good enough. My mistake.

Re: Clarifying the twinking rule. - Zakizo - 04-03-2015

What about on our end, the playerbase? Are we going to be getting some way to track this? You're asking us to keep track of everything we ever give within a month's time to any player that's under level 55 or hasn't LE'd, which, might I add, is currently impossible for a normal player to even confirm without GM assistance.