NEUS Projects
Self Confusion - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Self Confusion (/showthread.php?tid=10274)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Self Confusion - Senna - 05-28-2023

Self confusion has been quite interesting and also used for grieving. Being hit by someone and being unable to hit back hurts more than your opponents beating you down. 

So a buff to confusion, more so a buff to self confusion. If someone confuses themselves via shrooms or other means, allow the teammates to also be able to hit them in return.

RE: Self Confusion - Rendar - 05-28-2023

(05-28-2023, 06:52 AM)Senna Wrote: Self confusion has been quite interesting and also used for grieving. Being hit by someone and being unable to hit back hurts more than your opponents beating you down. 

So a buff to confusion, more so a buff to self confusion. If someone confuses themselves via shrooms or other means, allow the teammates to also be able to hit them in return.

Got a motherfucker arrested in Duyuei for acid raining his teammates constantly and giving us acid burns.

Self-confusion's just dumb.

RE: Self Confusion - Shujin - 05-28-2023

(05-28-2023, 09:14 AM)Rendar Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 06:52 AM)Senna Wrote: Self confusion has been quite interesting and also used for grieving. Being hit by someone and being unable to hit back hurts more than your opponents beating you down. 

Got a motherfucker arrested in Duyuei for acid raining his teammates constantly and giving us acid burns.

Self-confusion's just dumb.

Nah, people are.

RE: Self Confusion - Poruku - 05-28-2023

I really don't feel like this is a real problem. If someone is griefing teammates just count it as assault and kick them

RE: Self Confusion - Senna - 05-28-2023

Can't exactly kick them in the middle of the battle. Hence why I suggest letting their teammates also be allowed to hit them in return. Then kick them after. So if they're backstabbing, people aren't lollock to taking the punishment and people can fight back.

RE: Self Confusion - Poruku - 05-28-2023

Yeah but it's not just a matter of preventing griefing. This also massively nerfs self-confusion and massively buffs offensive confusion!

RE: Self Confusion - Shujin - 05-28-2023

what about selfconfusion giving an extra sub-status that does what is requested? So normal confusion stays untouched.

RE: Self Confusion - SolAndLuna - 05-28-2023

I thought the point was specifically for self-confusion and nothing else to begin with, given that the phrasing is "If someone confuses themselves via shrooms or other means".

...Also, if I'm being honest, I thought it nerfing self-confusion was the intended outcome. As mentioned at the very beginning, if you get hit by someone using a Betrayer's Wit, because they're betraying you, it would ICly make sense for you to treat them as an enemy yourself, now. But you can't, and not only that, your healing spells still affect them, putting you at an extreme disadvantage that you can't shake without demanding a timeout that they don't have to honor in any capacity.

RE: Self Confusion - Autumn - 05-28-2023

Self confusion is fun and all, but the game's systems and balance sometimes would hinge upon not being able to confuse yourself reliably. There are some issues overall with the ability to confuse yourself, but griefing should be treated as an in character or out of character offense.

RE: Self Confusion - Trexmaster - 05-28-2023

The problem with letting it stay as is and treating it ICly is that it's a free win for the person betraying their team. Their teammates are helpless to stop them from murdering them all.

I'd honestly say until this is altered to allow any kind of fighting back it shouldn't be permissible to whip out a Betrayer's Wit and backstab your team in a serious PvP situation without prior consent. It's practically an auto-loss for the side who gets Betrayer's Wit'd, unless the enemy team is merciful and hard targets your dubious teammate.